Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Survival & Sustenance Living Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f51/)
-   -   Preppers show (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f51/preppers-show-58138/)

tenntyrant 02-18-2012 05:56 PM

Preppers show

The guy from Tennessee that everyone says had his guns taken away after the show aired just walked into the Hendersonville gun show with a glock 45

bkt 02-18-2012 06:19 PM

Interesting. I went on youtube and looked for dsarti1 (his channel) and it would seem things are still very much up in the air. They didn't come take his guns away, he said in one video, but he says his guns aren't with him in his house anymore. No idea how he came by the Glock.

downsouth 02-25-2012 11:26 PM

I just saw a tease on discovery for a new show. DOOMSDAY BUNKERS.
It premeres march 7

clr8ter 03-04-2012 02:39 PM

If you go on TV and talk about how you've prepped, doesn't that give you away to a large degree? Anyone in your area who watches and recognizes you will show up if something happens....

c3shooter 03-04-2012 03:09 PM

2 bits of wisdom-

US Army Infantry School- "If they can see you, they can hit you."

From my Dad- "Even a fish can't get caught if he keeps his mouth shut."

dragunovsks 03-04-2012 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by downsouth
I just saw a tease on discovery for a new show. DOOMSDAY BUNKERS.
It premeres march 7

I think the guy builds bunkers for people at least thats how i took it.

fmj 03-04-2012 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragunovsks (Post 728479)
I think the guy builds bunkers for people at least thats how i took it.

Good to see you made it through the wicked weather in them parts the other day!!

Charley 03-04-2012 11:12 PM

I watched the first couple of shows to see what it was all about. IMHO these people have violated the FIRST rule of being a prepper..........

It's called OPSEC.................

Those folks should look into it.........................

dragunovsks 03-05-2012 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fmj

Good to see you made it through the wicked weather in them parts the other day!!

Thanx, the storms just missed my town. One was spotted on the ground about 20 miles north of me and two towns just off I65 about 40 minutes from me were wiped off the map. My cousin, a national guardsman and his family live in henryville and it was bad there. He said he was in his truck when it hit, hail the size of softballs busted out his windshield so he put the truck in a ditch and covered himself with a military duffle bag. His wife and kids were at home in the basement bathroom and they are fine. He said the jr/sr high school exploded and most of the town looks like burlin after wwii. The school was empty, except for a few kids and about 20 teachers, because they sent everyone home early. My wife also has family that lives in the area and except for some missing shingles, a busted window and destroyed or damaged cars they are fine too.

I saw on the news friday they found a 2 year old blonde baby girl in a field in salem indiana, which was not hit. She is the only surviver in a family of five, pretty sad. I think the death toll is up to 52, last i heard.

Im going this week with my chainsaw and tools to see if i can help any. I wanted to go friday but the whole area was on lock down, they werent letting anyone in that wasnt emergency personnel.

Scratchammo 03-06-2012 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clr8ter (Post 728449)
If you go on TV and talk about how you've prepped, doesn't that give you away to a large degree? Anyone in your area who watches and recognizes you will show up if something happens....

Yep. There was one liberal woman that openly admitted to not having weapons & instead relying on her community. She just painted a HUGE bullseye on her neighborhood.