Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Preppers Heads Up

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2012, 07:20 PM   #1
Kostriker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Bigcountry02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Southwest
Posts: 5,718
Liked 1408 Times on 807 Posts
Likes Given: 2871

Default Preppers Heads Up

Reading off another site: http://www.thetreeofliberty.com/vb/showthread.php?t=161350

"Just got back from the gun store I use, where I know the owner. He was advised by his supplier to order what ammunition he could, now. After the end of the month there will be a 10% price increase. He said he is already seeing supplies getting scarce."

Now, I have heard the same reports from local shops where I live and even the big retail counter representatives who work the ordering and stocking.

Some say it is election and other saying the government is on a buying spree!

What is everyone else hearing?

__________________
Bigcountry02 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 04-11-2012, 07:33 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3,087
Liked 756 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcountry02 View Post
Reading off another site: http://www.thetreeofliberty.com/vb/showthread.php?t=161350

"Just got back from the gun store I use, where I know the owner. He was advised by his supplier to order what ammunition he could, now. After the end of the month there will be a 10% price increase. He said he is already seeing supplies getting scarce."

Now, I have heard the same reports from local shops where I live and even the big retail counter representatives who work the ordering and stocking.

Some say it is election and other saying the government is on a buying spree!

What is everyone else hearing?
Thanks for the tip. I just got 500 rounds yesterday. Will get another to make it a thousand, and then another thousand for my other pistol.
When you wonder why Homeland Security purchased 450,000,000 bullets (almost a half BILLION) at the expense of taxpayers, it's enough to
put two and two together, what with Homeland Security ordering FEMA to purchase a MILLION body bags and 550,000 plastic coffins large
enough to put two bodies in, plus Obama signing the NDAA bill making it lawful for any military personel to enter your home and drag you
or your wife out of the house, no explanation, no charges, no legal representation, and place you or her in a FEMA prison camp indefinitely,
prices of ammo will go up. There's a totalitarian wind coming. And you don't have to be a chess player to see the moves already in place.
__________________

Last edited by PanBaccha; 04-11-2012 at 07:36 PM.
PanBaccha is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:42 PM   #3
Resident Lurker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
sputnik1988's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Bluegrass state
Posts: 2,811
Liked 668 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 1799

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanBaccha View Post
Thanks for the tip. I just got 500 rounds yesterday. Will get another to make it a thousand, and then another thousand for my other pistol.
When you wonder why Homeland Security purchased 450,000,000 bullets (almost a half BILLION) at the expense of taxpayers, it's enough to
put two and two together, what with Homeland Security ordering FEMA to purchase a MILLION body bags and 550,000 plastic coffins large
enough to put two bodies in, plus Obama signing the NDAA bill making it lawful for any military personel to enter your home and drag you
or your wife out of the house, no explanation, no charges, no legal representation, and place you or her in a FEMA prison camp indefinitely,
prices of ammo will go up. There's a totalitarian wind coming. And you don't have to be a chess player to see the moves already in place.
This seriously scares me. I'm too broke to stock up on anything, I have less than 1000 rounds total.
__________________
sputnik1988 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:56 PM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: City of the Crooks (Chicago),Illinois - Crook County
Posts: 704
Liked 24 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanBaccha View Post
Thanks for the tip. I just got 500 rounds yesterday. Will get another to make it a thousand, and then another thousand for my other pistol.
When you wonder why Homeland Security purchased 450,000,000 bullets (almost a half BILLION) at the expense of taxpayers, it's enough to
put two and two together, what with Homeland Security ordering FEMA to purchase a MILLION body bags and 550,000 plastic coffins large
enough to put two bodies in, plus Obama signing the NDAA bill making it lawful for any military personel to enter your home and drag you
or your wife out of the house, no explanation, no charges, no legal representation, and place you or her in a FEMA prison camp indefinitely,
prices of ammo will go up. There's a totalitarian wind coming. And you don't have to be a chess player to see the moves already in place.
This is 200% tin foil prophecy and I agree with you Adding everything together sure sounds like there's gonna be bloodshed.
What ammo should WE be buying? Hollow points or FMJs?
__________________
Remember this when you support the labeling and tracking of people and the complete digital takeover of commerce:

"It causes all, both small and great, both rich and poor, both free and slave, to be marked on the right hand of the forehead so that no one can buy or sell unless he has the mark, that is, the name of the beast or the number of its name" Revelations

"So you say your prayers and you thank the lord, for that peace maker in the dresser drawer"

Last edited by 2ndAmendmentFreedom; 04-11-2012 at 10:00 PM.
2ndAmendmentFreedom is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:41 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TLuker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: S.C.
Posts: 2,267
Liked 911 Times on 610 Posts
Likes Given: 1504

Default

I had a guy at a large sporting goods store tell me that this rumor starts right before every election. Yes, ammo will get scarce but only because everyone is going to make a run on it. As for the 10%, supply and demand.

__________________
TLuker is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:28 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
RJMercer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 496
Liked 376 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 581

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLuker View Post
I had a guy at a large sporting goods store tell me that this rumor starts right before every election. Yes, ammo will get scarce but only because everyone is going to make a run on it. As for the 10%, supply and demand.
I like to do my part as often as I can to support my local small businesses
and help keep that demand up. I've heard "we're fresh out till Tuesday" quite a bit recently.
__________________
RJMercer is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:18 AM   #7
Kostriker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Bigcountry02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Southwest
Posts: 5,718
Liked 1408 Times on 807 Posts
Likes Given: 2871

Default

I usually pick up the necessary ammo, cleaning supplies and/or food to name a few for when the time goes south real quick! The prices have been going up and up.

Just heard on Foxnews a report on the shortage of medical drugs to treat patients. Fround the following articles:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/hospitals-scramble-to-cope-with-drug-shortages/2012/04/11/gIQAhC6y9S_gallery.html#photo=1

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/hospitals-scramble-on-the-front-lines-of-drug-shortages/2012/04/10/gIQAUQLN9S_story.html

__________________
Bigcountry02 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:37 AM   #8
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
tCan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Wake, NC
Posts: 1,128
Liked 112 Times on 78 Posts
Likes Given: 85

Default

Ammo is definitely scarce. My dad had lucky timing. He was at the store just as a "shipment" of a 9mm came in. The guy said it was the first he'd gotten in weeks. It was only 5 boxes of 100. Needless to say, we bought them out. They never made it to the shelf.

__________________
[Remington 870 12GA][Stoeger Model 3500 12GA][Savage 116 .30-06][Savage Model 10 Bull Barrel .223][Marlin 336SS .30-30][Marlin 39A .22][Marlin Model 60 22LR][Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm][Ruger MkIII 22LR]

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Terry V Ohio Commentary
tCan is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 07:24 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3,087
Liked 756 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndAmendmentFreedom View Post
This is 200% tin foil prophecy and I agree with you Adding everything together sure sounds like there's gonna be bloodshed.
What ammo should WE be buying? Hollow points or FMJs?
The whole showing of the 550,000 plastic coffins and the reports on body bags were covered by 60 Minutes on national tv, (however the footage is now down and cannot be found. Sorry!)
and further covered by others. The news is almost a year old. The report on the purchase of ammo by Homeland Security has been recent.


__________________

Last edited by PanBaccha; 04-12-2012 at 07:44 PM.
PanBaccha is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:26 PM   #10
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: City of the Crooks (Chicago),Illinois - Crook County
Posts: 704
Liked 24 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanBaccha View Post
The whole showing of the 550,000 plastic coffins and the reports on body bags were covered by 60 Minutes on national tv, (however the footage is now down and cannot be found. Sorry!)
and further covered by others. The news is almost a year old. The report on the purchase of ammo by Homeland Security has been recent.


http://www.youtube.com/Watch?v=FPioG_4_XEc&feature=youtube
I heard a year ago about the caskets and FEMA camps. The purpose of FEMA camps is debatable but the caskets, not really... We all know the purpose they serve and there's only one...
__________________
Remember this when you support the labeling and tracking of people and the complete digital takeover of commerce:

"It causes all, both small and great, both rich and poor, both free and slave, to be marked on the right hand of the forehead so that no one can buy or sell unless he has the mark, that is, the name of the beast or the number of its name" Revelations

"So you say your prayers and you thank the lord, for that peace maker in the dresser drawer"
2ndAmendmentFreedom is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Doomsday preppers Frank827 Survival & Sustenance Living Forum 103 05-04-2012 04:42 AM
Doomsday preppers LaineC Survival & Sustenance Living Forum 2 03-23-2012 06:52 PM
New show on Nat. Geo. : doomsday preppers jacob_gatz Survival & Sustenance Living Forum 15 03-12-2012 05:26 PM
Preppers show tenntyrant Survival & Sustenance Living Forum 11 03-06-2012 06:40 PM
A great book for preppers CA357 Survival & Sustenance Living Forum 0 09-28-2011 07:24 PM