Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Survival & Sustenance Living Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f51/)
-   -   Preppers Heads Up (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f51/preppers-heads-up-62315/)

Bigcountry02 04-11-2012 08:20 PM

Preppers Heads Up
 
Reading off another site: http://www.thetreeofliberty.com/vb/showthread.php?t=161350

"Just got back from the gun store I use, where I know the owner. He was advised by his supplier to order what ammunition he could, now. After the end of the month there will be a 10% price increase. He said he is already seeing supplies getting scarce."

Now, I have heard the same reports from local shops where I live and even the big retail counter representatives who work the ordering and stocking.

Some say it is election and other saying the government is on a buying spree!

What is everyone else hearing?

PanBaccha 04-11-2012 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigcountry02 (Post 768037)
Reading off another site: http://www.thetreeofliberty.com/vb/showthread.php?t=161350

"Just got back from the gun store I use, where I know the owner. He was advised by his supplier to order what ammunition he could, now. After the end of the month there will be a 10% price increase. He said he is already seeing supplies getting scarce."

Now, I have heard the same reports from local shops where I live and even the big retail counter representatives who work the ordering and stocking.

Some say it is election and other saying the government is on a buying spree!

What is everyone else hearing?

Thanks for the tip. I just got 500 rounds yesterday. Will get another to make it a thousand, and then another thousand for my other pistol.
When you wonder why Homeland Security purchased 450,000,000 bullets (almost a half BILLION) at the expense of taxpayers, it's enough to
put two and two together, what with Homeland Security ordering FEMA to purchase a MILLION body bags and 550,000 plastic coffins large
enough to put two bodies in, plus Obama signing the NDAA bill making it lawful for any military personel to enter your home and drag you
or your wife out of the house, no explanation, no charges, no legal representation, and place you or her in a FEMA prison camp indefinitely,
prices of ammo will go up. There's a totalitarian wind coming. And you don't have to be a chess player to see the moves already in place.

sputnik1988 04-11-2012 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanBaccha (Post 768049)
Thanks for the tip. I just got 500 rounds yesterday. Will get another to make it a thousand, and then another thousand for my other pistol.
When you wonder why Homeland Security purchased 450,000,000 bullets (almost a half BILLION) at the expense of taxpayers, it's enough to
put two and two together, what with Homeland Security ordering FEMA to purchase a MILLION body bags and 550,000 plastic coffins large
enough to put two bodies in, plus Obama signing the NDAA bill making it lawful for any military personel to enter your home and drag you
or your wife out of the house, no explanation, no charges, no legal representation, and place you or her in a FEMA prison camp indefinitely,
prices of ammo will go up. There's a totalitarian wind coming. And you don't have to be a chess player to see the moves already in place.

This seriously scares me. I'm too broke to stock up on anything, I have less than 1000 rounds total.

2ndAmendmentFreedom 04-11-2012 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanBaccha (Post 768049)
Thanks for the tip. I just got 500 rounds yesterday. Will get another to make it a thousand, and then another thousand for my other pistol.
When you wonder why Homeland Security purchased 450,000,000 bullets (almost a half BILLION) at the expense of taxpayers, it's enough to
put two and two together, what with Homeland Security ordering FEMA to purchase a MILLION body bags and 550,000 plastic coffins large
enough to put two bodies in, plus Obama signing the NDAA bill making it lawful for any military personel to enter your home and drag you
or your wife out of the house, no explanation, no charges, no legal representation, and place you or her in a FEMA prison camp indefinitely,
prices of ammo will go up. There's a totalitarian wind coming. And you don't have to be a chess player to see the moves already in place.

This is 200% tin foil prophecy and I agree with you :) Adding everything together sure sounds like there's gonna be bloodshed.
What ammo should WE be buying? Hollow points or FMJs?

TLuker 04-12-2012 03:41 AM

I had a guy at a large sporting goods store tell me that this rumor starts right before every election. Yes, ammo will get scarce but only because everyone is going to make a run on it. As for the 10%, supply and demand. :)

RJMercer 04-12-2012 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLuker (Post 768474)
I had a guy at a large sporting goods store tell me that this rumor starts right before every election. Yes, ammo will get scarce but only because everyone is going to make a run on it. As for the 10%, supply and demand. :)

I like to do my part as often as I can to support my local small businesses
and help keep that demand up. I've heard "we're fresh out till Tuesday" quite a bit recently.

Bigcountry02 04-12-2012 07:18 AM

I usually pick up the necessary ammo, cleaning supplies and/or food to name a few for when the time goes south real quick! The prices have been going up and up.

Just heard on Foxnews a report on the shortage of medical drugs to treat patients. Fround the following articles:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/hospitals-scramble-to-cope-with-drug-shortages/2012/04/11/gIQAhC6y9S_gallery.html#photo=1

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/hospitals-scramble-on-the-front-lines-of-drug-shortages/2012/04/10/gIQAUQLN9S_story.html

tCan 04-12-2012 09:37 AM

Ammo is definitely scarce. My dad had lucky timing. He was at the store just as a "shipment" of a 9mm came in. The guy said it was the first he'd gotten in weeks. It was only 5 boxes of 100. Needless to say, we bought them out. They never made it to the shelf.

PanBaccha 04-12-2012 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2ndAmendmentFreedom (Post 768187)
This is 200% tin foil prophecy and I agree with you :) Adding everything together sure sounds like there's gonna be bloodshed.
What ammo should WE be buying? Hollow points or FMJs?

The whole showing of the 550,000 plastic coffins and the reports on body bags were covered by 60 Minutes on national tv, (however the footage is now down and cannot be found. Sorry!)
and further covered by others. The news is almost a year old. The report on the purchase of ammo by Homeland Security has been recent.



2ndAmendmentFreedom 04-12-2012 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanBaccha (Post 769026)
The whole showing of the 550,000 plastic coffins and the reports on body bags were covered by 60 Minutes on national tv, (however the footage is now down and cannot be found. Sorry!)
and further covered by others. The news is almost a year old. The report on the purchase of ammo by Homeland Security has been recent.


http://www.youtube.com/Watch?v=FPioG_4_XEc&feature=youtube

I heard a year ago about the caskets and FEMA camps. The purpose of FEMA camps is debatable but the caskets, not really... We all know the purpose they serve and there's only one...


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:35 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.