Preparing my family for a fire.

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Preparing my family for a fire.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2009, 06:29 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Preparing my family for a fire.

I live in Southern California and we’ve had a bad record of wildfires over the past few years. I’d really like suggestions on things I can to do prepare my family if and when this situation happens again. Are there things I can do personally, other than just talking to them about it? I think it could be helpful to enroll them in a rec class or something offered through a school or extracurricular program. Does anyone know of any organizations that do this? Maybe the red cross? I’ve also heard about a local self defense studio that does a disaster preparation course, but I’m not sure what my best option would be. My kids are 8 and 13, so it would need to be geared towards that age group. I’d appreciate any suggestions!

“Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.” Steven Wright

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-23-2009, 08:06 PM   #2

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Listen to me very carefully, I am only going to offer this suggestion once........MOVE!!

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 10-23-2009, 08:51 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

This would be the second time I've seen this same thing posted by different user names.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 10-23-2009, 08:52 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt g View Post
This would be the second time I've seen this same thing posted by different user names.
Weird, i thought it was just dejavu?

edit* Whoah! Verbatim http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f51/preparing-my-family-fire-15070/ I guess the answers weren't adequate last time?

Dead Bears, the only good kind.