Post Apocalypse Ethics? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Post Apocalypse Ethics?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2011, 03:22 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1423 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Post Apocalypse Ethics come from the end of a barrel.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 07-13-2011, 03:34 AM   #12

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

You get nothing from me unless you know the FTF double secret bunker password.

Old 07-13-2011, 04:11 AM   #13

Liked 1842 Times on 955 Posts
Likes Given: 1403

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVA View Post
September 1979, hurricane Frederick clobbered Mobile Alabama. We were without power for two weeks - I'm a first hand witness to how the whole neighborhood cooperated, shared their food and helped each other out. Also witnessed some folks not handle it too well after two weeks with no power.
You reminded me of the Ice Storm of ’98.

We also were without power for two weeks. Some of us up here were without power for much longer than that. ALL of the transmission lines were down from the weight of the ice. Personally we were fine. We lived in a small house at the time. It had central gas heat, no power required, and it had a running stream in the back. We read ‘Treasure Island’ by Hurricane Lamp. Hot meals for those who needed it were at the fire house. So was everything else. Anybody that needed any help with anything, got it from someone. The Red Cross Disaster crew came. They didn't have anything to do. They left.

As bad as we had it in northern NY, we knew those further north had it worse. We got a caravan together of all the fire wood we could spare and drove it up to Quebec. They were freezing to death up there and burning their furniture and porches to stay alive.

No guns anywhere. I think it’s easier in the mountains than the cities. We’re used to relying on each other.

Old 07-13-2011, 04:30 AM   #14

When the russian bolt rifles came out on the market several years ago, for 59.00 up to 89.00 I started picking up one or two a month for those that will show up @ my place with nothing but a "cold hard change of attitude"!
Most or many doctors are liberal gun haters.
Most or many nurses are liberal gun haters.
Most or many school teachers are liberal gun haters.
and the list goes on and on.
To survive, long term, WE all will need other people with many skills, and many of these people will at this time, TODAY, be the exact same people who think, no believe we are nuts for having weapons, food storage and plans to survive.
Having a circle of like minded friends, or making up a group now will give everyone a basis to draw from in any emergency.
Its really simple to do.
Just say to people who would be needed in an emergency, if or when it hits the fan, come here, bring with you decent people you know and if a bad one does shows up, run their ass off.
A circle of friends.

You may find me dead in a ditch one day, but I will be up to my waist in spent rifle brass!

Old 07-13-2011, 04:51 AM   #15
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2271 Times on 1227 Posts
Likes Given: 821

Those who survive will be those who can build communities and those who look to exploit those who find themselves outside communities. Unless of course you're holed up on the top of a mountain somewhere.

I'd rather build communities.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Old 07-13-2011, 05:27 AM   #16

Liked 57 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Okay, so let's say you find a little 8 year old girl who's been raped, beaten, and left to die. Obviously she can't contribute anything. She's going to need a pretty fair amount of time and attention and a little extra in the way of supplies. She may not survive. Could you really just keep on walking and leave her behind? But at the same time, could you really risk your own survival just to do what is considered "right"?

Animo non Astutia

Vae Victis

Old 07-13-2011, 12:38 PM   #17

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ploofy View Post
Okay, so let's say you find a little 8 year old girl who's been raped, beaten, and left to die. Obviously she can't contribute anything. She's going to need a pretty fair amount of time and attention and a little extra in the way of supplies. She may not survive. Could you really just keep on walking and leave her behind? But at the same time, could you really risk your own survival just to do what is considered "right"?
Its a trap set by the zombies. While you stop to help this little girl they will rush in and eat your brains. Nope just shoot her from 400 yards out and keep moving on.

Old 07-13-2011, 01:45 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

^^^ Sounds like compassionate euthanasia to me. Not to mention that given the dangers of packs of orphaned children, with limited development of social morals and taboos, could present. Who do young kids look out for, yep themselves (the id).

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 07-13-2011, 01:55 PM   #19

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Who do young kids look out for, yep themselves (the id).

Be Well.

Old 07-13-2011, 02:14 PM   #20

Liked 1842 Times on 955 Posts
Likes Given: 1403

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA View Post
Those who survive will be those who can build communities and those who look to exploit those who find themselves outside communities.
Unless of course you're holed up on the top of a mountain somewhere.
I'd rather build communities.
Okay, that's two of us. Anybody else?