Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Pocket sized chainsaw

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2012, 12:21 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaido

Damn, glad to see people still make trades out there. Money seems over rated and tends to cause a lot of problems in my eyes.
But your right, it does depend on who's using the blade VS the saw.
It wasnt quite a trade. It was more of a "i did the work and he didnt pay so i stomped him and took his brand new knife as payment" knowing he wouldnt go to the cops over it since i was told he was a felon the day before.

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

Old 01-30-2012, 12:22 AM   #12

Liked 344 Times on 220 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman

It wasnt quite a trade. It was more of a "i did the work and he didnt pay so i stomped him and took his brand new knife as payment" knowing he wouldnt go to the cops over it since i was told he was a felon the day before.

Well then, I guess that works out just as well. Haha

Old 01-30-2012, 12:23 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaido

Well then, I guess that works out just as well. Haha
Yes it did.

Old 01-30-2012, 10:30 AM   #14
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

The example in the video probably wasn't the best. If you're trying to remove a 4" limb from a tree or you're trying to cut down a small tree, this thing might have merit. I carry a small hatchet in my BOB. Not sure which - the hatchet or the pocket chainsaw - would be faster or require less effort, though.

I like the hatchet because it can also be used as a hammer and even a weapon. You can't do that with the pocket chainsaw.

Old 01-30-2012, 11:05 PM   #15

Liked 1282 Times on 803 Posts
Likes Given: 308

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
The example in the video probably wasn't the best. If you're trying to remove a 4" limb from a tree or you're trying to cut down a small tree, this thing might have merit. I carry a small hatchet in my BOB. Not sure which - the hatchet or the pocket chainsaw - would be faster or require less effort, though.

I like the hatchet because it can also be used as a hammer and even a weapon. You can't do that with the pocket chainsaw.
At some point you have to minimize all of the gizmos you carry. You could have every gimmic available, but you would need a semi to haul it. I would ask myself, "Self, do you already have a tool to accomplish the needed task?"
"Which tool does the most different things?" I would decide between a hatchet and a chain saw and the hatchet would win hands down.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 01-30-2012, 11:25 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

At some point you have to minimize all of the gizmos you carry. You could have every gimmic available, but you would need a semi to haul it. I would ask myself, "Self, do you already have a tool to accomplish the needed task?"
"Which tool does the most different things?" I would decide between a hatchet and a chain saw and the hatchet would win hands down.
I have a small hatchet of really good quality and a good heavy bladed knife w decent length that holds its edge and is easily sharpened so i see no need to have something like that. I also have a cable saw.

Old 01-31-2012, 12:33 AM   #17

Liked 34 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 50

My hunter safety instructor said she was given one and thought it was amazing. That is until she decided to only bring the pocket chain saw on a hunting trip. From what I understand it was thrown away and she advises everyone to not waste their money on them.