Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Peak Oil and Exponential Growth

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2012, 01:33 PM   #51
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 738 Times on 451 Posts
Likes Given: 155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durangokid View Post
Our U.S. Production is now above our Home Land usage. We are now exporting fuel oil and gasoline to China.
Our US production of gas is being exported, but we are a net importer of crude oil.

Old 02-20-2012, 06:39 PM   #52
bkt

Liked 1304 Times on 663 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by partdeux View Post
Our US production of gas is being exported, but we are a net importer of crude oil.
And there you touch on an interesting issue. If we opened up oil and gas fields in North America, there's no reason to believe it would stay in North America; it would go out into the global market and India and China would slurp it up.

Being a staunch believer in the free market, I can't see my way clear to prevent that from happening.

Old 02-20-2012, 08:50 PM   #53
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1938 Times on 1039 Posts
Likes Given: 2888

Quote:
And there you touch on an interesting issue. If we opened up oil and gas fields in North America, there's no reason to believe it would stay in North America; it would go out into the global market and India and China would slurp it up.

Being a staunch believer in the free market, I can't see my way clear to prevent that from happening.
Bingo!!!!!!!

It will be sold on the open market at market prices.

BTW: Anyone here ever hear of Baker-Hughes? Among other things Baker-Hughes tracks drilling all over the world. Their information is updated about once a week. On 17 February, 2012 there were 281 more active drilling rigs in the US than in Feb, 2011. There are several other companies that do rig counts. There are minor variation in the numbers, partly because of the way companies count workover rigs.

http://investor.shareholder.com/bhi/rig_counts/rc_index.cfm

Ths oil patch went to hades in a handbasket when the economy tanked in 2008. In February, 2009 there were about 900 rigs operating in the US: On 17 Feb, 2012 there were 1,994. Click on International Rig Count Charts.

Last edited by alsaqr; 02-20-2012 at 09:07 PM.

Old 02-20-2012, 09:03 PM   #54
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by damocles View Post
How much is that oil worth to you? Would you rather have cheap oil and contaminated well water and orange, flammable rivers; or clean air and water, natural resources you can enjoy and pass on, with alternative energy sources?
{wonders at the collateral damage of engineering some flaming orange rivers in high bear population areas...might be worth it}

Bear torture aside, i really want a CNG car; the octane rating is high enough to allow for some major boost levels running forced induction (turbo/supercharged). All with less particulates and a great big MADE IN USA stamp on my fuel.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 02-20-2012, 10:11 PM   #55
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 28 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Hi Everyone,
Just for sh*ts & gigles, if your interested in diy stuff you may like the site at www.journeytoforever.org.
I've also read some stuff from David Blume about producing alcohol (book is Alcohol can be a gas)from various products not related to food stuffs.
Is is fanciful dreaming? Maybe, but if enough people start looking to perform their own work on AE, I hope that it would be more than just dreaming.
Every little bit helps.
earl

Old 02-20-2012, 11:51 PM   #56
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7663 Times on 4422 Posts
Likes Given: 9880

Quote:
The Normans left their DNA all over the British Islands.
(Off topic)
The Normans were half bloods. They are the descendents of the Norsemen (Vikings), usually children born of rape.

Old 02-21-2012, 10:32 PM   #57

Liked 1063 Times on 687 Posts
Likes Given: 266

Quote:
Our U.S. Production is now above our Home Land usage. We are now exporting fuel oil and gasoline to China. This is due to the poor economy and less demand in the east. The cost of fuel will remain high as China and India forge ahead with there growing economic climates. The rise in cost to Americans was the plan by the"Greens" to decrease use. That is another mistake. It has allowed China and India to move forward on our dime. The American Left would rather support slave labor than than our middle class.
That is kind of a wierd statement. I agree, India and China have moved ahead on our dime, but not because of fuel issues. Our country has exported our jobs to these places so that Walmart can fill it's shelves with cheap Chinese goods and American business men can line their pockets with mega profits, and damn the American worker. Corporate America doesn't care a thing about the country or the people. No God, Mom, and Apple pie, just the almighty dollar. If you noticed, the stock market returned, today, to the pre-collapse levels. Jobs, aren't even close and houses are falling to the banks by the thousands.

Not building our own stuff is killing our economy and killing our country.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Last edited by Chainfire; 02-21-2012 at 10:35 PM.

Old 02-22-2012, 12:37 AM   #58
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 738 Times on 451 Posts
Likes Given: 155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
If you noticed, the stock market returned, today, to the pre-collapse levels. Jobs, aren't even close and houses are falling to the banks by the thousands.
Dead cat bounce