At peace in the woods - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > At peace in the woods

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2013, 11:22 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 78 Times on 48 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Wish I could still get out and walk the woods as I did when I was younger. I'm pretty limited now in my old age. But I get little transfusions of the wonder of nature from time to time. A while back I was walking my little dog around the seniors' apartment complex where I live, when I suddenly heard wild music that made my heart lift and the hair stand up on my arms. I knew what it was without looking up; but look up I did, and there they were. Flight after flight of sandhill cranes, headed due south.

That, my friends, will heal you of many things if you let it.

"Don't let macho be your epitaph."
---Ed Lovette

People Like This 
Old 03-09-2013, 12:09 AM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3455 Times on 1933 Posts
Likes Given: 19280

I think the most humbling experience in my life was the grand scale of things in "Sequoya National Forest" , California.. ! I were as an insect and reached out and felt the finger of GOD himself. A tree alive and still growing , as I recall , some 46 or 4700 years old..! As I stand and behold this ........? This....I am overwhelmed
with joy and humility and can not behold , grasp , wrap my brain around this , just "speechless" and I still after all these years , can not , find the words..!

If you do not see , your eyes and heart Must be closed..!

PS: If my memory serves me well , I was told a story of the first loggers in the RED-WOODS forest. As the story was told to me this is where the term , (Widow-Maker) was derived , falling branches 8 feet in diameter !

Also as in the Guinness Book World of records , World's Oldest and Largest
living things on Earth..!

Last edited by dango; 03-09-2013 at 01:00 AM.
colmustard Likes This 
Old 03-09-2013, 03:05 AM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 237 Times on 134 Posts
Likes Given: 518

Wow got some great stories here! Maybe we can all share some of these together.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Last edited by colmustard; 03-09-2013 at 03:07 AM.
dango Likes This 
Old 03-09-2013, 01:54 PM   #14

Liked 284 Times on 229 Posts
Likes Given: 1249

Ive had it happen twice now,
On my way to deer camp for my first hunt (my deer camp is only about 3 miles from my house) bald eagles making there atack run what a sight!!They nest at Degray lake mayb 15-20 miles from me.
Within a few hours of both sightings I was home stuffing my frezzer with deer meat.
God always gives me what me and mine need, it never fails money,food, whatever. All i seem to have to do is keep the faith, I pray alot too