Pasta ?? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum >

Pasta ??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2012, 11:47 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 23 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 10

I got my spiggity in #10 cans. Keeps a long time. Sause is in glass jars. Got a case on the cheap. We use one and i buy one to replace it. Wish my pasta was whole grain.

Old 02-05-2012, 04:14 AM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 815 Times on 623 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Default Do The Math!

You must start from the end and work your way forward. How many calories of what nutrients do you need for what timeframe!

Pasta is bread. Nutritionally, it is not as balanced as beans. Mixed with protein and fat supplying foods (TVP/freeze-dried meat and oil) it is better than parboiled rice, but, is by far the most expensive per calorie. Buy name brands (made with decent wheats) on sale and, as stated, stack deep out of the boxes in Mylar (I like 7 Mil self-standing) bags with O2 and H2O absorbers and it'll last an edible generation.

Water? Think about ONGOING SOURCES and PURIFYING it. Water on hand is a very short term thing. I store a small amount: 3-packs of gallon jugs bought on sale in Summer when cheap. 2-liter soda bottles with a coupla drops of fresh chlorine bleach. 100-liter platoon canteen filled when hazardous weather or other issues are announced.

Good luck.

Newest Threads