Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Outside Security

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2011, 04:39 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Lay out some toe Popper's at night! Just kidding...unless you live in mexico

Something witty belongs here....

Old 09-13-2011, 03:43 AM   #22
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7655 Times on 4416 Posts
Likes Given: 9867

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerpetualStudent View Post
LOL. Vikingdad, have you gotten the sign made yet?

The Mind is like a Parachute. It only works when it's open.
Not yet. My Honey-do list keeps getting in the way. Thanks for reminding me though. I'll put it back on the agenda.

Old 09-14-2011, 04:55 PM   #23
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

We used to go camping as a Church group 10 weekends a year. We had the singles group and young marrieds. I was camp security, (as well as cook and medic) At times there were other groups also camping in the area. I set up trip wires on hill sides that pulled the pin on a stack on smooth round logs and let them roll in the outer area. Fishing line would tie to empty soda cans and pots and pans. Keep the wire knee level so small game won't trip it. Late in the day I would put on my side arm and get my rifle and do Bobcat checks in the area. The other campers then knew our group was armed. The males camp was always the outer perimeter and the girls camp in the center. Just use your head and what you have to let you know what creeps in the darkness. At my home I have prepared fireworks that I ignite with little rocket motors thanks to what I learned on this forum. The fireworks are strobes of very bright light. They will slow em down. Next I have Dragons breath in one shotgun. I don't know if they still sell these shells but they shoot fire about 800 ft. scares the "chips" out of gang bangers. Bad guys as a whole are not prepared to die at any cost. You must fear the 1/10th of 1 percent who are mentally ill and you cannot plan or mitigate for. OC and pepper balls are great if you have them. Super soakers filled with vinegar will cause vision problems and stop most dogs. If you don't have OC use bear spray. (OC is what most people call mace. Mace is not used any more and is now only a brand name on OC products. Some places you can still get CS which is what the military uses). Here in New Mexico people still mortar broken glass to the top of their block walls. Used for 100's of years to slow invaders down. Good luck and let's keep sharing ideas on SHTF Home Security.