Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Outside Security

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2011, 10:29 AM   #11
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6636 Times on 4015 Posts
Likes Given: 7890

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven View Post
Kiss. Exactly.

And I'd like to point out another "kiss" thought.
Don't look like a target!

Do you have three $40k vehicles sitting in your front drive?
Pull them around back.

Can every person that drives by your house see the 500" tv in your living room through the picture window?
Close the blinds.

Got a $1200 grill sitting on your front deck?
Move it.

Common sense. Use it.
I could ride around my town right now and pick out a bazillion homes I'd target if I were a crook.

"The most important weapon you have is your brain."
Great suggestions. Whenever I get something new that might have any value such as a TV, computer, etc., I always make it a point to not throw the box away with the trash pickup at the curb so everyone can see I got something new. Our local high school has large recycle dumpsters and the packaging for anything expensive I buy gets tossed in the high school recycle dumpsters.

Old 05-05-2011, 03:49 PM   #12

Please keep on posting ideas I have learned some new ones and really appreciate it.
My own country is crime ridden and you have to be at all times aware of who or what around you can pose or hide danger to you or your family and property.

Outside sensor activated floodlights warn us of trespassers. However we cannot really stop people once trespassed since they pose no immediate danger to us. Even if they steal your from car behind locked gates whilst you look on.

My main security is two jack russels sleeping in the house at night and when they bark to immediately treat is as possible danger. Even if an intruder is in your house you cannot shoot unless he poses immediate possible harm or might kill you or yours if you do not act.

Old 05-06-2011, 08:12 AM   #13

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 159

As an evil kid I took twigs & a pencil sharpener, sharpened both ends of several twigs, colored them green, & placed them in strategic spots in the yard. The rival kids were never fond of shoes. I told my buddies where the "spikes" were. The fourth graders would chase us on foot through our yard so they were ****** up when an altercation escalated. I'm sure most adults wear shoes so twigs would be less desirable but steel spikes might help. IMO the most important part of creating obstacles & traps is ensuring your partners know where they are. If that fails a sexual predator sign might help

"THE SIERRA JUST HOTEL TANGO FOXTROT -OVER"

MALO PERICULOSAM LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETUM SERVITIUM

Old 05-06-2011, 08:19 AM   #14

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 159

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theunsb View Post
Please keep on posting ideas I have learned some new ones and really appreciate it.
My own country is crime ridden and you have to be at all times aware of who or what around you can pose or hide danger to you or your family and property.

Outside sensor activated floodlights warn us of trespassers. However we cannot really stop people once trespassed since they pose no immediate danger to us. Even if they steal your from car behind locked gates whilst you look on.

My main security is two jack russels sleeping in the house at night and when they bark to immediately treat is as possible danger. Even if an intruder is in your house you cannot shoot unless he poses immediate possible harm or might kill you or yours if you do not act.
I'd suggest a hidden switch under your steering wheel. A buddy of mine has electronic notification for his BMW. Instead of calling the cops he walked outside with the bottom half of a pool stick & wrecked that scumbag.

"THE SIERRA JUST HOTEL TANGO FOXTROT -OVER"

MALO PERICULOSAM LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETUM SERVITIUM

Old 05-06-2011, 09:55 PM   #15

Dogs are great!!!! I love being around them but my wife does not like animals. So having a guard dog is out.

I have invested in day/night vision cameras. You can get them at a reasonable price and hook them up to a TV. Or if you have the room and the money put in a security room with recording devices that can monitor the area while you are gone. After all most criminals usually check your place out well in advance before committing a crime.

A safe room is a good idea. I like the bathroom. I am going to reinforce my bathroom walls and door and add a small hidden wall safe to hold a shotgun and maybe an AR. If you are on the second floor add rope or rope ladder so you can escape if needed.

If I was in the a rural location and it's the end of the world scenario. I would go all out V.C. and I mean punji sticks covered with feces and all sorts of nasty and deadly traps.

Old 05-08-2011, 01:33 PM   #16

Default You Guys/Gals are the greatest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Dogs are great!!!! I love being around them but my wife does not like animals. So having a guard dog is out.

I have invested in day/night vision cameras. You can get them at a reasonable price and hook them up to a TV. Or if you have the room and the money put in a security room with recording devices that can monitor the area while you are gone. After all most criminals usually check your place out well in advance before committing a crime.

A safe room is a good idea. I like the bathroom. I am going to reinforce my bathroom walls and door and add a small hidden wall safe to hold a shotgun and maybe an AR. If you are on the second floor add rope or rope ladder so you can escape if needed.

If I was in the a rural location and it's the end of the world scenario. I would go all out V.C. and I mean punji sticks covered with feces and all sorts of nasty and deadly traps.
There is no way any force can win a war when the enemy is fighting a gorilla war. Americans are a breed of survivors that will fight to protect their family and country. I have learned so much about gorilla warfare on this forum. Simple ways to defend our home and family. It gives me much comfort in knowing people like you number in the 100s of 1000s all across America..

This forum "ROCKS"!!

Old 05-08-2011, 11:49 PM   #17

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I learned an awful lot about booby traps a long time ago. If needed, I can still ruin a fellows day.

Old 05-09-2011, 05:03 AM   #18
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7658 Times on 4419 Posts
Likes Given: 9868

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theunsb View Post

And I thought California was bad! I have had several cops tell me that I should make sure that all intruders are dead and armed with a gun that has been fired before the cops show up. That way the dead guys can't tell the cops that they were just begging for table scraps when you shot them. I'm just sayin'.

Old 05-09-2011, 05:08 AM   #19
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7658 Times on 4419 Posts
Likes Given: 9868

I also have wanted to install a stainless steel sign at my gate (which is clearly visible from the house) that says "If You Can Read This, YOU ARE IN RANGE!!!" and have a target that has been shot several times in the bullseye from the back, as though shot from the house. Does that make sense? Maybe I should just make the sign and take a pic.

Old 09-12-2011, 12:09 AM   #20

LOL. Vikingdad, have you gotten the sign made yet?

The Mind is like a Parachute. It only works when it's open.