Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > One Second After

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2010, 10:11 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 859 Times on 342 Posts
Likes Given: 1687

I will have to check that one out. Another one that I thought was pretty good was Patriots: Surviving the Coming Collapse by James Wesley Rawles.

Old 10-10-2010, 12:09 AM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Patriots was good and I enjoyed it, but it's one of those romanticized scenarios that I spoke about.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 10-25-2010, 03:09 AM   #13

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Thanks for all the Great titles

Hello all, RON L here - SERE SURPLUS

A Great Note of thans to CA357, Many of the tites I have read, a few i have not, but many of the ones he mentioned were great! I too, am not as fold of MR Rawles, written word, for many of my own reasons, met the man and just didn't like the 'Feel" I got? Many of the Books mentioned make one consider what I'd do in many different situations! I based my Eary Preparness on Earth Quake and Hurricare Disaster, life many times thows all sort of different problems at us, these works, ask us to consider others and some that have some place in our "List of Threat" items? Great thing is Preps for some other disaters can cross over to other threats, such as food, water and Shelter the big, 3, after all, Weapons and all all the rest really only exist to make sure you have and keep the big 3, when others want to deprive you of them? Thanks again man, ya gave us some good ones to consider!

RON