Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Not going to head to the hills

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2010, 06:54 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 19

I'll stay and defend my home until its too dangerous then it's off to the Sierra's.

"Tolerance is the Virtue of a man without Convictions" G. K. Chesterton

ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

Considering the fact that the victim is the first one at the scene of a violent crime, I believe all law abiding citizens should be armed.

"Fast is fine, Accurate is final." - Wyatt Earp

Old 02-14-2010, 12:57 AM   #22

Sounds like you guys on the west coast have already made plans.

I have made the offer before and I stand by it, to any of you guys in or around philly, NYC, Northern Jersey, etc. need a spot to get to, I am open here in Upstate NY. Very rural area with plenty of supplies and working farmland. Game galore and VERY defendable. I am sure nearly half of this rural town consisting of a church, a fire station, and 3 dozen houses will be left concidering many of the citizens are retired snow birds and many others would leave for their families houses elsewhere.

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves. Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American...(T)he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people." (Tench Coxe, Freeman's Journal, 20 Feb 1778)

Old 02-14-2010, 01:02 AM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

It sounds like the Sierra may get a touch crowded.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 02-23-2010, 04:50 AM   #24
Kostriker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1695 Times on 967 Posts
Likes Given: 3455

I agree, fight the home ground as long as possible and then bugout North to deep forest, prefer Canada - why deer, elk, less population, etc.! The route, mostly back roads as possible - damn need to get a good, old pickup 4X4, no power crap either!

Old 02-24-2010, 12:50 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineffable View Post
Texas will be a nightmare.
Yeah maybe in the summer because it is so sticky and humid. And the people around here drive like idiots year-round but even worse during the summer. But right now it is around 35 degrees because of a cold front. So I'm going to be getting my friends and family, packing up and going to Hallettsville where my grandparents are. There are 100 acres full of deer and a small garden with fruit and vegetables. It is an hour-and-a-half drive southwest of Houston, and would be much longer due to the freeways being gridlocked from the morons who have to stop and stare in horror at every zombie stumbling around. I would stay and fight until the path was a little more clear, then I would leave.

Old 02-24-2010, 01:27 AM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

The secret is to leave ahead of the pack.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 02-24-2010, 03:42 PM   #27

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

That's alright, you guys can watch my casa for me if you want, I'm leaving, you can have it. If this $hit ever goes global I'll be hanging out in the forest like a primate eating some poor farmers Black Angus steer. I've slept under the star in the winter before and snow is actually a good insulator from the wind.

Joe's survival tip: if your spending a night outdoors the first thing you need to do is find enough dry wood to keep a fire burning all night.

Next, start a fire.

The third most important thing is if you clothes are wet, dry them over the fire.

Now if there enough daylight, make a shelter near the fire. Fire is your friend.

God, Family, Guns, in that order.

Last edited by hunter Joe; 06-06-2010 at 12:17 AM.

Old 05-14-2010, 05:38 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelhardt View Post
since about all there is in Maine is woods I guess I'm all ready there.
Same here in Washington, Washington state that is. We have an acre, 4 raised bed gardens, apple, plum, pear & cherry trees along with grape and raspberry/blackberry. Just praying there will be time for the fruit to ripen and we are able to can most of it. There are creeks close by so water's not an issue and deer roam the woods, if push came to shove we are just going to hunker down and live the best we can. Winters here are mostly just rainy with occasional cold spells though not much in the way of snow, and I don't sleep well when in a wet leaky drippy tent. I can, again pray we don't have to.

Old 05-15-2010, 07:29 AM   #29

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

I'm pretty much in the woods here. There's only one road in with woods all around. I think I need a I brake for the bajillion wild turkey on my road. A few springs for water. Plenty flat (enough) land for crops. My garden now is bigger than some people's yards in the burbs. I reckon I"ll stay put. It gets nasty I'll keep an eye out for the window stickers...Come on down

Old 06-05-2010, 05:27 PM   #30

Default In the hills

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Kid View Post
I'm already in the hills so...
Me to kid. With 2 large lakes, greenhouse, garden, fireplace and electric generators.. LUVIT...