Not going to head to the hills
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Not going to head to the hills

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2010, 09:40 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2058 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Default Not going to head to the hills

My son and I were discussing about bug out bags and if we have to head for the hills, which is nothing new sense we often talk about it. The last few times we have came to the same conclusion, and that is we will not be bugging out and head to the hills. If the government zombies ever start eating the flesh of the live people in America, we will make a stand and fight.

Should the zombie forces ever rise up enough to warrant the actions of the people of the state then we will be traveling no further then the nearest battlefront. So our bags are geared for just that. Sense both of us are in no health and can never be again to survive in the wilds for any length of time we have decided our best efforts is on the firing line. Where possible it may buy some time for others to get to their hide-a-ways safely.

Our guns were not lost in a tragic boating accident, the guns are right here so Mr. Zombie, you can try and take them if you must.

opaww

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-20-2010, 09:59 AM   #2

Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 94

I'm already in the hills so...

Old 01-20-2010, 12:52 PM   #3
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

The necessity and importance of a BOB depends on where you live. If you're in an urban environment which is likely to turn nasty if the SHTF and where there's no land to grow food, a BOB can be useful to help you get to your bug-out location.

Keep your BOB in your car. That way, if you're away from home and want to get home, it might come in handy.

Leaving your home and heading for the hills with no particular destination in mind is a last-ditch effort to stay alive. In other words, don't do it if you don't absolutely have to. Your home has far more provisions and probably offers more safety than hanging out in the woods somewhere.

Old 01-20-2010, 01:05 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
The necessity and importance of a BOB depends on where you live. If you're in an urban environment which is likely to turn nasty if the SHTF and where there's no land to grow food, a BOB can be useful to help you get to your bug-out location.

Keep your BOB in your car. That way, if you're away from home and want to get home, it might come in handy.

Leaving your home and heading for the hills with no particular destination in mind is a last-ditch effort to stay alive. In other words, don't do it if you don't absolutely have to. Your home has far more provisions and probably offers more safety than hanging out in the woods somewhere.
Agreed........

Old 01-20-2010, 04:46 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I understand completely opaww. Depending on circumstances, some of us may have limited choices.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 01-20-2010, 07:10 PM   #6

Ca357 you are always welcome to head back this way...at least we can die fighting the zombies next door to each other

Old 01-20-2010, 07:55 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Thank you. I am honored.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 01-21-2010, 01:37 AM   #8

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I am not able to bug out since I am all held together with braces and screws. I am staying put. I could not even begin to carry all my supplies and ammo. I would need a truck. I am in a small village anyway with a small population.

OC

"magbum"

Old 01-21-2010, 12:35 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I have no desire to bug out to anywhere and if I did it would be a last ditch effort to survive. I have many family members within a half days hike so I have no reason to go far. I simply like being prepaired in the event of an emergency.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 01-21-2010, 02:47 PM   #10

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

I like The_Kid am already in the hills. Most of the FTF members are welcome here...plenty of room and vantage points. Surrounded by lots and lots of heavy wood in which to 'get lost'. Just a thought....

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!