Non-Lethal Weapon - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Non-Lethal Weapon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2009, 11:24 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I carry some OC spray and a 6in kubaton. Most situations don't call for lethal force.

Old 05-19-2009, 12:25 AM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 37

If you're justified in using lethal force, you'd better use lethal force

Dead men don't talk and its better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6

Old 05-22-2009, 11:47 PM   #13

I've got a billy club next to my seat in the Jeep but it's really for knocking the BG away from my window while I draw my pistol and shoot him in the nuts and face.

Old 05-23-2009, 07:02 PM   #14

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey-you-guys View Post
I've got a billy club next to my seat in the Jeep but it's really for knocking the BG away from my window while I draw my pistol and shoot him in the nuts and face.
Research has shown that center mass is the way to go....but, if you wanna blast his balls feel free....

Old 05-24-2009, 03:17 AM   #15

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 28

well since i cannot carry a pistol legally, a cool trick is a watergun filled with ammonia, non-lethal and better than nothing if you aren't carrying a knife or handgun. But if you're carrying a handgun, use it.

Old 05-24-2009, 04:22 AM   #16

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by easterner123 View Post
well since i cannot carry a pistol legally, a cool trick is a watergun filled with ammonia, non-lethal and better than nothing if you aren't carrying a knife or handgun. But if you're carrying a handgun, use it.
um, dude, are you serious? What happens if the BG you shoot happens to be carrying a real gun, with real bullets?

The word 'run' comes to mind over carrying a water gun with ammonia...

Old 05-24-2009, 04:52 AM   #17

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Hmmmmm, shoot him in tha balls, spray him with ammonia, then what, talk about his momma?

Old 05-24-2009, 08:54 PM   #18

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by falseharmonix View Post
um, dude, are you serious? What happens if the BG you shoot happens to be carrying a real gun, with real bullets?

The word 'run' comes to mind over carrying a water gun with ammonia...
I can't carry a gun, and I would be more inclined to try and fight or run, just throwing an idea out there. Running from a guy with his gun drawn or just giving him my wallet (wait until he finds out I'm broke) seems better. If I had a gun though, I would use lethal force if it was necessary

Old 05-25-2009, 08:55 AM   #19

Quote:
I'm not gonna just go off half-cocked and outright call you an idiot, but considering your use of ammonia, here's an excerpt from the MSDS sheet on the stuff:

Toxicology
Concentrated solution is extremely damaging to eyes. Even contact with dilute ammonia solution can lead to serious eye damage. Toxic if swallowed; harmful if inhaled and in contact with skin. Very destructive of mucous membranes. Corrosive - causes burns. Lachrymator. Typical TLV 25 ppm. Typical STEL 35 ppm. Typical PEL 50 ppm.

Therefore, you'd essentially be using a chemical weapon that could cause permanent damage. You could be well on your way to starting your own terrorist faction, here....

-=Jerry A. Goodson=-

Tri-State Tactical
1010 N. Louise St.
Atlanta, Texas 75551
430-342-3376

http://www.3tactical.com

Old 05-25-2009, 01:40 PM   #20

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

You're defeating your whole purpose of using non-lethal when you use something that permanently damages someone. Why can't you pack a firearm?

Using ammonia is akin to throwing acid in someone's face. If I'm ever in that situation again, being directly threatened with deadly force means responding with deadly force. The BEST defense is recognizing the possible threat & avoiding it-SITUATIONAL AWARENESS is the best defense of all. Also think how hard it would be to defend yourself later legally when packing something ahead of time that will cause deliberate permanent damage like that instead of using non-lethal devices. In my book, lethal threat=lethal force-this is coming from a survivor (NOT winner) of justified deadly force.

Quote:
I can't carry a gun, and I would be more inclined to try and fight or run, just throwing an idea out there. Running from a guy with his gun drawn or just giving him my wallet (wait until he finds out I'm broke) seems better. If I had a gun though, I would use lethal force if it was necessary