Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Non-Lethal Weapon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2007, 04:02 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Non-Lethal Weapon

Does anyone here carry another weapon besides your ccw? For example, a non-lethal one, like a Surefire light?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-30-2009, 04:22 AM   #2

I guess if you're going to use a flashlight as a weapon you could also throw any random items you may have in your pockets. Spare change, keys, knife (still folded of course), cash, phone, etc...

"When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not our friend."
-U.S. Army Training Notice

Old 01-30-2009, 05:09 AM   #3

Liked 1403 Times on 805 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Pull this and the Tango would die laughing!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 01-30-2009, 11:52 AM   #4

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky#number View Post
Does anyone here carry another weapon besides your ccw? For example, a non-lethal one, like a Surefire light?
While I don't have a CCW, I'll sometimes carry a can of mace or 4-D cell maglight when I walk the dog late at night. I'd consider getting a pager-sized Kimber LifeAct Pepperblaster or Taser C2 as detailed in the article below:

Non-Lethal Weapons for Self-Defense - Associated Content

At some point, I'll consider getting a CCW and appropriate carry firearm. But, only after I'm employed again.

Last edited by GatorDude; 01-30-2009 at 11:55 AM.

Old 02-01-2009, 07:25 PM   #5

I carry a 42" sword under the seat, a fillet knife in a scab attached to the sun visor. The wife carries a 500,000 volt stun stick.

Had an situation last night, so it looks like the Hi-Point is going back in the truck from here on out!

Old 02-01-2009, 08:38 PM   #6

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post

Pull this and the Tango would die laughing!
I hope your making fun of the pink frame and not P22 itself. I love mine (with a black frame) and I'm deadly accurate with it. Its not my home defense weapon of choice, but if it comes down to it, 10 well placed rounds of 22lr will make someone think twice. (unless he prepared by injecting some adrenaline)

Anyways, to the original thread topic. My non-lethal weapon is lining up my sights and telling the a$$hole to get on the ground.

Messing around with mace and stun guns is risky business. The only purpose I could justify carrying non-lethal defense weapons is to stop a situation before it happens. If your being attacked, the guy obviously means business and so should you.

Non-lethal weapons don't guarantee your safety. I remember watching a Cops episode where they had to use TWO TAZERS (not the wimpy civilian legal stun guns) to get this behemoth of a dude to the ground. And mace doesn't do anything against an attacker hyped on PCP.

If you want to carry those non-lethal weapons because you feel more confident pulling it out on someone, even if its just to scare them off, there's nothing wrong with that. But not much compares with looking down the barrel of a gun.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 02-01-2009, 08:44 PM   #7

Other threads elsewhere have raised the issue about if you shoot the BG, and you have the option of "non-lethal" force, why didn't you smack him first with your umbrella or whatever before you blew a hole though his center of mass?

"Non Lethal" is mostly "non functional." If you're justified in using lethal force, you'd better use lethal force.

Old 02-21-2009, 08:17 PM   #8

Liked 181 Times on 125 Posts

The .22 LR , being rimfire, is more likely to misfire than a center fire round . It also has poor stopping power and doubtful penetration on car doors . Don't be confused by .22s fired from rifles, as the long barrel makes a lot of difference . If it is all you have, it is a lot better than a knife , but if you are choosing a defense gun , forget the .22 LR . There is a reason the debate is usually framed , " 9mm vs. .45 " .

Pepper spray and other non-lethal weapons can be useful . Suppose, for instance , that you are in a crowded bar where firing a gun would endanger innocent people but you need to fight off an attaker . Pepper spray can be carried in your hand with finger on the trigger for instant use . You can spray a dog without waiting to see if the dog is really going to bite . You can use it on a human when the law might rule against deadly force . Don't rule out non-lethal options .

Rentacop
" I'll keep my guns , freedom, and money . You keep the change " .

Last edited by Rentacop; 02-21-2009 at 08:18 PM. Reason: typo

Old 05-10-2009, 04:56 AM   #9

I carry a mini mag flashlight and a Leatherman all the time as well as my CCW. Always be prepared!

Have a good one!

Remember:
Plan for the worst, Hope for the best and if you land on your feet running life is good!!!

Old 05-12-2009, 10:14 PM   #10

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Non leathal or less leathal

Best bet is get some hand to hand classes, betting on some gimik to bail you out of a situation you failed to recognize as a threat in the first place, civilized behaviour only works in civilized places, anyplace else might as well wear your hog leg and pack plenty +P's there is no middle ground, most critters and people will take a chunk outta you if they could, try reasoning with a couple loose dogs like Pit bulls especially if they feel aggressive, most likely you can mace one good but two? same goes for thugs they will take a chunk outta you if they think they can get away with it.
So it boils down to what would you use on a attacking dog or thug within arms reach, a knife comes to mind.
You want a deturrant a bullwhip works they used to break appart fighting stock bulls when fighting couple cracks of that whip gets everyones attention and reaches out 7foot and if tipped can lay open skin and if a popper on the end will leave a good welt!
Just read a old national geographic of the new russian Cossacks today useing bull whips stuck in the back ther belt used to break up and control crowds instaead of tear gas I guess if it works on crowds of unruley cattle it could work on other critters as well.