nobody's driving far, if shtf.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > nobody's driving far, if shtf.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2013, 12:08 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts

Default nobody's driving far, if shtf.

Anyone can baton a knife, split some 1" limbs or saplings, use a stone to drive 3" nails thru the wood. If you stop to turn around or remove the (dozens) of branches, or to turn around, your vehicle will get shot up. If you drive on thru them, you won't be going far on 4 flat tires. How much of your vehicle load can you carry on foot, hmm? :-)

A mountain bike, with solid tires, can be floated on your pack-poncho-raft, swiminng behind it. It can be simply lifted over fences. It is easily hidden in a little gully or some brush. In a pinch, it can be sunk in the mud and water, or roped up into a brushy tree and camoed there. You can walk along side of it, in really bad terrain and at least, not have to carry the weight of the gear and food.

So your little circle of buried drums of goodies can be 30 miles or so away,and still be reached the first night of shtf. Very few people live further than that from woods and water. Once you get below ground, and come out only at night, leave no tracks, have almost no food in the shelter, show no light, don't cook, and make no noise, it is extremely unlikely that anyone will know of your presence. Have a Kindle full of "how to" info to keep you occupied, and a solar charger to keep it functional.

Avoid everyone for a year, and let the diseases, fire, starvation and fighting kill off nearly everyone. Diesel fuel will be everywhere, and diesel vehicles and generators will run on peanut oil. Stuff will be laying everywhere, waiting for you to use it. The animals will all be eaten, as will the freshwater and seashore fish, and most of the edible plants. So you need sprouting seeds, non hybrid seeds, and half a drum full of paraffin ($1 a lb on the net) for a year's cooking. it sends up almost no smoke, scent or flame, can boil a gallon of water in a very few minutes. You will, however, have to use the big "can candle" in an open to the sky pit or gully, because of the danger of O2 and carbon monoxide in confined area. Best to do your cooking a ways from your dugout shelter, because the scent will draw dogs. Best also have a suppressed .22 auto rifle or pistol, with subsonic ammo, and at least active and passive Ir capability, so that you can brain them in the dark.

The next night after you arrive at one of your spiderholes, best get busy expanding it into a narrow, shallow, dugout shelter, with not much 'overburden" of dirt, just sod and a few inches of dirt for the sod roots. If you can't get the right sort of dirt (damp clay) needed to avoid having to shore up the roof, best have buried some shoring materials. ASAP, dig a short tunnel, so that you can come up behind anyone one anything that is messing with your main trap door. a couple of moustraps, rigged to fire a .22lr rd in a short pc of pipe, will wake you if anyone raises a lid. the noise will also scare the hell out of the intruder, "buying" you a few seconds to get to the other end of your place, and perhaps be able to quietly shoot them all in the back, before they can enter and do you harm.

Last edited by ttsl; 05-31-2013 at 12:44 PM.
Anna_Purna Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-02-2013, 05:15 PM   #2

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Have opiates been legalized in some state!?

Old 06-02-2013, 07:36 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6607 Times on 3681 Posts
Likes Given: 6264

I've seen basically the same post on another forum. Wasn't received very well there either.

Old 06-02-2013, 07:39 PM   #4

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I'm dipping into the ice cream early today. Think I'll put some whipped cream on it this time around.

Old 06-02-2013, 07:50 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3863 Times on 2306 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

I like hot fudge and a cherry on top. Reese's ice cream of course.

Old 06-02-2013, 07:51 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 560 Times on 371 Posts
Likes Given: 174

What's all this shtf about.

Old 06-02-2013, 07:53 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3863 Times on 2306 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
What's all this shtf about.
Some people like to **** on fans I guees
Old 06-02-2013, 07:54 PM   #8

Liked 434 Times on 273 Posts
Likes Given: 1292

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
I'm dipping into the ice cream early today. Think I'll put some whipped cream on it this time around.
with chocolate sprinkles

No Bells.No Whistles.Just perfection.

Old 06-02-2013, 07:57 PM   #9

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman1 View Post

with chocolate sprinkles
My little niece has informed me that we're only using rainbow sprinkles. I'm cool with that.

Old 06-02-2013, 07:58 PM   #10
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6576 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Don't forget the cherry.

Closed Thread