need some help

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > need some help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2008, 02:25 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default need some help

so i'm in the army and i was reading some of these threads and i thought i was the only person in the world that thought about things like the world goin to **** and stuff like that but my dilemma is how would i make aplan for something like that when if somethin did pop off i would be called to duty......what should i do?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-07-2008, 11:39 AM   #2
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

If you're single with no children, you live up to your commitment to the Army. If you ever receive orders to engage in activities against American citizens that go against the Constitution, you refuse to obey those orders. For example, National Guard members were ordered to confiscate firearms from law-abiding citizens in New Orleans during the Katrina disaster. That would be an example of what NOT to do.

If you have a family, things can get messy. You'll have to weigh the situation. But if you do have a family, devise a plan of what to do and possibly where to go for different scenarios. Teach them how to look out for and look after themselves.

Old 05-07-2008, 04:46 PM   #3

i have a wife and daughter so yeah that part is hard cuz i wanna fulfill my obligations and whatnot but to me my family is more important

Old 05-07-2008, 08:10 PM   #4
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Get your wife and, if possible, your daughter up to speed on where your thoughts for potential Bad Times are, and work with them to fend for themselves in the event you're not around. Realistically, the chances of a total SHTF scenario taking place are probably slim.

How you reconcile your past commitments and an ever-changing field to your obligations as a husband and dad are best handled by you.