Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Need music help from the post 1975 generations.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2013, 02:10 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

I was born in 1963 and am a HUGE fan of what they call Classic Rock. I love guitar bands of the Sabbath, Deep Purple mold. A band that come out in the 90's that I simply love is one called Kyuss. THey only out out a few CDs and had troubles with the record company and split to form several other bands like Queens of the Stone Age, Mondo Generator, and a couple others. The Genre also has bands like Nebula, Clutch, Unida, Karma To Burn to name a few.
They had reformed under the name Kyuss Lives and are touring now as I understand it.

A couple cool vids form Kyuss

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

TLuker Likes This 
Old 11-09-2013, 02:13 PM   #32

a cool thing about Bands like Kyuss they where pretty well known for taking generators out to the desert and play all night to whoever showed up.
Big guitar, lots of rhythm. some call the Genre Stoner Rock.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

nchunt101 Likes This 
Old 11-09-2013, 05:40 PM   #33
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 151 Times on 90 Posts

Avenged sevenfold song nightmare is one of my favs but I have all there albums all there songs get me jacked up and make you feel good

Old 11-09-2013, 05:47 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLuker View Post
I play guitar and I've been trying to update as well just to stay current but that hasn't worked out. Instead of going forward I just keep going further back. I'm on a bad CCR kick right now. Nirvana is probably the most recent band that I can listen too.

I don't think it helps that I also play. I can listen to a lot of old stuff and appreciate what they were trying to do musically. I can't do that with new stuff because I don't think they are trying to do anything musically? I just can't get into the new stuff now matter how hard I try. For me it just seems like all music is suffering from the same problem as R&B, it lost the "B".

I was listening to Chicago the other day and a buddy said that was the gayest sounding music he had ever heard. I'm still in shock over that. Chicago had a great brass section and musically were one of the best bands ever. I'm not huge fan of their music but I like some of it and I've got a lot of respect for what they did musically. I guess I'm just getting old, and I'm fine with that but the ladies just keeping younger.
The testament to truly good music is it is timeless. CCR fits that mold quite well. I like a lot of Chicago too. Some people just don't know good music

Thomas Jefferson

widowmaker Likes This 
Old 01-24-2014, 05:13 AM   #35

Liked 21 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I was suggested music from John Petrucci. Jaws of Life and Animate/Inanimate are 2 incredible songs. Does anyone know of any other artists of this type of music???

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Firearms Talk mobile app

Old 01-24-2014, 01:48 PM   #36
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 559 Times on 343 Posts
Likes Given: 317

Slayer is all you need.

Last edited by nchunt101; 01-24-2014 at 06:09 PM.

Old 01-24-2014, 02:16 PM   #37

Liked 567 Times on 338 Posts
Likes Given: 803

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlando_marquez View Post
I was suggested music from John Petrucci. Jaws of Life and Animate/Inanimate are 2 incredible songs. Does anyone know of any other artists of this type of music???

If you like John Petrucci/Dreamtheatre check out a band called "Blind Guardian", they are a melodic/mystical style of European metal. Very good band.

Old 01-24-2014, 03:09 PM   #38

Liked 259 Times on 213 Posts
Likes Given: 1194

System of a down
Disturbed
Pantera
old Metallica
God smack

Old 01-24-2014, 04:26 PM   #39

Liked 21 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 3

How about the guitar metal, no lyrics. John Petrucci's Jaws of Life and Animate/Inanimate are pure John shredding it up. That is entirely "in the zone" music. I have Satriani and Vai stuff already but looking for more instrumental shredding Petrucci style. If you have heard those songs, YOU HAVE GOT TO HAVE A LISTEN. Extraordinary guitar work.

Old 01-24-2014, 04:44 PM   #40

Liked 154 Times on 105 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_x View Post
System of a down
Disturbed
Pantera
old Metallica
God smack
Disturbed and godsmack should NEVER be in the same category with legends like pantera, system of a down, and metallica. Hell, if I had to keep one I'd say disturbed can stick around. But godsmack? Come on! That's radio rock and every song they do sounds exactly the same. Just my opinion though.

Sent from my HTC One X using Firearms Talk mobile app