Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > My worst fear...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2011, 09:21 PM   #11
bkt
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1302 Times on 661 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizy View Post
My worst fear is having to fight off roaving street gangs. Everyone except me is "Going To The Mountians".. I live in the country not in town. Cities will be raped, robbed, looted and burned to the ground just like they are doing right now. All the bad guys have dope and guns and nothing to loose except their freedom. If you build a prison style fence around your house, it will be like a bill board saying I have good $#!T and I don't want to give it up...
OK, if that's a big concern for you, figure out a way to get around it. Figure out how to get what's important to you in your home OUT of your home quickly. Stuff like furniture, clothes and electronics can all be replaced. People, photos, valuables and necessary supplies can't be replaced. So have a plan to scram quickly and know where you're going before you leave. In other words, don't let it be a fear.

I think you could well be right that there may be riots in densely-populated areas if inflation gets out of control and/or if social spending cuts are made. If you can't get your neighborhood on board to defend itself, have a plan to make yourself scarce at the first sign the riots are spreading outside the cities.

Old 04-19-2011, 04:01 AM   #12

Liked 100 Times on 58 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I understand where you are coming from - my wife is incapable of much movement, and hoofing it out simply isn't an option. We keep our outside as unattractive to burglars as possible, and the backyard has an old barbeque and a lot of dog poop.
Can't see inside for many reasons - I want the roving gangs to go after the bigger targets. Now If I can get my family OUT while there is still time, I will - I won't ignore every warning like Willy Katrina did, but if it's out of the blue, I bug in.

Old 04-19-2011, 03:22 PM   #13

Easy fix. Throw a couple items on your law that have no long term value to you. Couch, a dresser, lamp, maybe a speaker and a TV. Crack the tv screen, break the lamp in half, and smash the dresser. Then take everything else you have and use it to board up your house. Junk on your front lawn will make it look like your house has already been raided. Then secure the interior.

Old 04-19-2011, 03:27 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by colmustard View Post
3 words.... automatic sentry guns
This is a very resonable solution to a real promblem. I like the way the Col. thinks

Old 04-19-2011, 05:25 PM   #15

No joking around here. I am in the exact same situation and all I have is a pistol and a rem.870 20.ga. If things got really bad you should would have a neighbor move in with you to have more people in the house for more men at arms.Try to get a automatic firearm such as a m60 and mount it on your roof(no joke).Clear all vegetation around your house for 200 yards.Have plenty of ammo on hand(such as for 1 ar-15, 500rds)and food. Barbed wire mixed with electrical wire (electricity running threw it).And of course many weapons I would suggest ak-47s,sks,ar-15s,svd,benelli m4,1911,and anything you can get your hands on even armored vests and put up a sign to gangs showing you mean business.

Last edited by jayguy; 04-19-2011 at 06:14 PM.

Old 04-19-2011, 07:45 PM   #16

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 159

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayguy View Post
No joking around here. I am in the exact same situation and all I have is a pistol and a rem.870 20.ga. If things got really bad you should would have a neighbor move in with you to have more people in the house for more men at arms.Try to get a automatic firearm such as a m60 and mount it on your roof(no joke).Clear all vegetation around your house for 200 yards.Have plenty of ammo on hand(such as for 1 ar-15, 500rds)and food. Barbed wire mixed with electrical wire (electricity running threw it).And of course many weapons I would suggest ak-47s,sks,ar-15s,svd,benelli m4,1911,and anything you can get your hands on even armored vests and put up a sign to gangs showing you mean business.
I'm coming to your house when shtf.

"THE SIERRA JUST HOTEL TANGO FOXTROT -OVER"

MALO PERICULOSAM LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETUM SERVITIUM

Old 04-19-2011, 07:46 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratchammo View Post
Don't forget the portable generator.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 04-19-2011, 08:12 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratchammo View Post
What state do you liv in

Old 04-19-2011, 09:52 PM   #19

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I have thought about this many times, I have a fall back position out of town (brother in laws house) I'll right the old fort to blow and if they try to invade I will bug out. When they finally breach after the dead bar across the door breaks BOOM! After I get to the other "fort" then plan c will come into effect after I come up with it.

Worst comes to worst I'm gonna run like hell to fort knox and pray to god they don't shoot me on sight.

"ever man out here has a timer, no one know how long it will take but no one last forever"
Sargent Miller

"cake or death! I'll have the cake then... SORRY WHERE OUT OF CAKE!... so it's or death? I'll have the chicken then please." Eddy Izzard

"so a suppose your going to kill me now? no he is I'm just here to watch"

"you know why guns are better then a woman?... you can put a silencer on a gun."

Old 04-19-2011, 11:04 PM   #20

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

can you buy claymores on ebay?