My survival dream - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > My survival dream

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2010, 05:59 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 32 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Exactly!! Lived in an abandoned camper converted bus, I'm surprised he lasted as long as he did. Between near hypothermia and severe starvation, he was too weak to even get out of bed!!

People get the government they deserve.

Old 11-26-2010, 06:03 PM   #12

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerunner View Post
Exactly!! Lived in an abandoned camper converted bus, I'm surprised he lasted as long as he did. Between near hypothermia and severe starvation, he was too weak to even get out of bed!!
I did not care to see the movie, so don't know the whole story, but in my mind he was just another tragic example of a splash of bleach in the gene pool. Am I wrong?

The movie title was "Into the Wild" or something like that?

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 11-26-2010, 06:35 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
The movie title was "Into the Wild" or something like that?

YEap...Cool little movie

Old 11-27-2010, 03:29 AM   #14

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 16

I watched that a couple of years ago. He eats some kind of poisonous potatoe that makes him delirious and unable to keep down and food eventually starves to death. Death by potatoe. I liked that fact that it was an adventurist movie, but a little too hippy at times.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Old 11-27-2010, 03:43 AM   #15

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan0626 View Post
I watched that a couple of years ago. He eats some kind of poisonous potatoe that makes him delirious and unable to keep down and food eventually starves to death. Death by potatoe. I liked that fact that it was an adventurist movie, but a little too hippy at times.
Poisonous potato? Major suckage.

I'll need to watch it, I guess. Thought he died of natural stupidity...

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 11-27-2010, 03:45 AM   #16

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

He did eat a poisonous root that he had mistaken for one that was fine to eat. The pages in some book stuck together so the pic of the poisonous root was on the first page and when he looked to see if it was edible, he got the info about a different root. I think it was based on a true story, probably loosely based. The part about his mom being the trailer park drunk whore was probably true, but do not quote me on that. Or was that a different movie?

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 12-02-2010, 06:03 PM   #17

I have been thinking of doing much the same but not that far north. I figured if I was to take a crossbow and kill some deer and the like I could survive for a long time in the forests. Of course I would have to eat meat all the time. I would not have any thing to do either...I guess I would probably go insane after a while but still maybe it is worth the risk. What do you think? If I was for some reason in danger of being killed would not it be worth a try?!

Old 12-02-2010, 08:23 PM   #18

Heimo's Arctic Refuge: Full Length - Far Out | VBS.TV

Story of a man and his wife who live in NE Alaska year round. They lived there before the area became an refuge and got grandfathered in to live there. Only two people in an area the size of South Carolina. Host and crew are non outdoorsy so it makes for some interesting moments.

Old 12-02-2010, 09:25 PM   #19

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks for sharing Michigan0626, that video made me want to pitch a tent too! LOL

It's like paradise on Earth, enriched with the ever so sweet nectar of
elk urine.

When you're out there by yourself, you become who you really are.