my s.h.f plan in the process... - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > my s.h.f plan in the process...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2011, 05:30 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

When shtf you can guarantee that alot of mexicans are going to be heading north.. I am not a racist by any means but just using common sense

Old 12-15-2011, 05:58 AM   #12

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 10

i understand completely. that is something i took into consideration when choosing a good location. there is always a chance that it wouldnt work out as planned but what is life without taking risks???

Old 12-15-2011, 05:03 PM   #13

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I'm not to worried about the Mexicans. They are not here to stay they come for money. When there is no more money and they can't earn any they (98%) will go home. Listen to them when you come across any. They long to be able to return to their home in Mexico, they are only here for money 1st and then opportunity second. Many of them move back and forth on a monthly basis. Crossing the boarder is no big deal for them. The people who get caught are usually first timers from southern Mexico. The odds are good you all deal with an illegal on a daily or at least weekly basis. It is good that the OP has a desert set up. I don't expect uncle sam to waste contractors on desert people in the 1st yr of the takeover. Have some fun and play in the desert, those skills you all develop will someday serve you well. Wish I had some extra time to pop over and play too. The Gun Shop in Springerville usually takes up a big part of my time going to Phoenix though.

Old 12-15-2011, 11:24 PM   #14

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

haha. how is the shop up there? i know that farther north like payson and pinetop there is only 2 or so places to buy ammo and guns. i have not been to the one you speak of yet...

Old 12-16-2011, 04:03 PM   #15

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 159

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlin-owner View Post
okay so where do i start... i have sucessfuly formed a legal militia in the arizona desert. and we have been burrying chaches of food and ammo in world war 2 ammo cans. due to the gasket for water resistance. this is nothing too military like but i am teaching people marksmanship and consealment skill's in case the sh!t does hit the fan we have somewhere to go. along with bringing some sort of refuge for the people already in it. everything we need for about 6 months of rationing are buried around a general area of the az desert. plus bits of ammo in assorted cans. i think this would be extremely helpful in a catastrophic crisis, knowing where to find food and survival supplies. tell me what you guys think about it???
You just might see me there by a motorcycle & a campfire.

"THE SIERRA JUST HOTEL TANGO FOXTROT -OVER"

MALO PERICULOSAM LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETUM SERVITIUM

Old 12-16-2011, 05:45 PM   #16

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlin-owner View Post
haha. how is the shop up there? i know that farther north like payson and pinetop there is only 2 or so places to buy ammo and guns. i have not been to the one you speak of yet...
It's a good shop. Haven't been in about 2 yrs. That is hunting, ranching and militia country as well as the gate way to the Gila wilderness and the Arizona Alpines and Rim country. Rt on US 60 sure is pretty as you cross from New Mexico into Arizona. I was surprised a remote place having such an inventory.

Old 12-16-2011, 07:30 PM   #17
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper75 View Post
When shtf you can guarantee that alot of mexicans are going to be heading north.. I am not a racist by any means but just using common sense
That's not racist at all - it makes a lot of sense. If the Mexican government falls and the cartels take over, there will almost certainly be a huge surge of refugees from Mexico into the U.S. and that will not help us any.

Then again, if the upset is in the U.S. and not Mexico, it could mean the repatriation of a great many Mexicans....

Old 12-16-2011, 08:27 PM   #18

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

i dont know. i think if russia mostly... and china and or there friends do happen to come over here and start problems on our turf, that they might bribe or what have you to canada and mexico to not help us out if we show up at there front door. kinda like if you help them, we kill you. type of thing... idk just a thought

Old 01-02-2012, 11:03 AM   #19

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I keep thinking about moving to places with an abundance in good, clean water. I'm thinking Tennessee, Maine, South Carolina, Georgia and so on. Once there I'll begin to stock up on food, medicine and ammo. I can see Texas as a good place to move to and live in too. I also want to get away from severe snow storms and bitter cold too. Arizona is not high on my list of ideal survival places. Nice people out there and some really beautiful sunsets but it seems to be way too dry for my liking.