my s.h.f plan in the process...
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > my s.h.f plan in the process...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2011, 02:59 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Default my s.h.f plan in the process...

okay so where do i start... i have sucessfuly formed a legal militia in the arizona desert. and we have been burrying chaches of food and ammo in world war 2 ammo cans. due to the gasket for water resistance. this is nothing too military like but i am teaching people marksmanship and consealment skill's in case the sh!t does hit the fan we have somewhere to go. along with bringing some sort of refuge for the people already in it. everything we need for about 6 months of rationing are buried around a general area of the az desert. plus bits of ammo in assorted cans. i think this would be extremely helpful in a catastrophic crisis, knowing where to find food and survival supplies. tell me what you guys think about it???

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-15-2011, 04:19 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 337 Times on 198 Posts
Likes Given: 64

Any plan is better than no plan at all. I don't know about heading for the desert, especially in the summer months. Would definately make survival harder but you would have much less competition for supplies because most people wouldn't willingly venture into the desert.

Old 12-15-2011, 04:44 AM   #3

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

i have lived in the desert for about 17 or so years i sometimes disapear for a week or so and go into the desert. water is not as hard to find as one would think. now food. most of the life out there is edible including raddle snake. it is a really stringy meat

Old 12-15-2011, 04:48 AM   #4

Liked 55 Times on 31 Posts

I wouldnt have posted that i have suplies in the desert buried. But it is a very good idea training people having a militia and having supplies just incase. Do you have a building and area you own were you could hunker down if anything happened? Also isnt the arizona full of mexican bandit groups? Just wondering i saw something that said it wasnt a safe place.

Have Gun....Will Travel

Old 12-15-2011, 04:49 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon1992d
I wouldnt have posted that i have suplies in the desert buried. But it is a very good idea training people having a militia and having supplies just incase. Do you have a building and area you own were you could hunker down if anything happened? Also isnt the arizona full of mexican bandit groups? Just wondering i saw something that said it wasnt a safe place.
Arizona desert full of bandits?

Have Gun....Will Travel

Old 12-15-2011, 05:05 AM   #6

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

no its not bad. i would say the area but i am not gonna have a million treasure hunters go get my things i put away for a rainy day. but no only the far south part of the az desert has severe problems with the cartel groups. yes i do have a bit of land that i am building an under ground "lair" so to speak. kinda like the construction of a mine. just good enough to do the job

Old 12-15-2011, 05:11 AM   #7

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

you dont have to re-fraze that. most of the az population thats white wants the mexicans to go home. mostly everyone is a racist just because there town is getting over-run. i personaly dont like it, but i keep to myself about it. its not safe talking bad about illegals when the whites in az are becoming the minority to illegal immigrants.

Old 12-15-2011, 05:23 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlin-owner
no its not bad. i would say the area but i am not gonna have a million treasure hunters go get my things i put away for a rainy day. but no only the far south part of the az desert has severe problems with the cartel groups. yes i do have a bit of land that i am building an under ground "lair" so to speak. kinda like the construction of a mine. just good enough to do the job
The mine style bunker is a very interesting idea. That could be very conveiniant for moving all kinds of supplies in and out. And who the heck in there right mind would go into a dark mine shaft to try and hunt down people or supplies?! (not me) and thats a damn shame the Az gov is trying to fight back against mexicans and everytime they do the feds put them in there place.

Have Gun....Will Travel

Old 12-15-2011, 05:23 AM   #9

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Plans are a good thing but what happens when your 3 or 6 month supply of stuff runs out, then what! Then you may start to see the true nature of the people you are with when the fight starts over food and water. This will be worse than the greed and the fight over gold. I have a plan and that is to stay out of everyones way and do my own thing! Lock and load gentlemen and enjoy the Future. If nothing else, it will be interesting to see what happens. I will always save just one bullet!

Old 12-15-2011, 05:35 AM   #10

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

very good pointers. everyone has to run out of supplies sometime. thats why its always a good idea to keep stocking little by little till it does happen. then bail cities. the not so distant future will be interesting, and history in the making. i will use everything in my grasp to survive even if it gets me killed. better to die trying then to die sitting down. at this point i believe any bit of supplies will help out but ultimately exhausted rations are inevitable