Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Survival & Sustenance Living Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f51/)
-   -   My bug out camper/expidetion trailer (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f51/my-bug-out-camper-expidetion-trailer-74802/)

cllowe 10-22-2012 12:18 AM

My bug out camper/expidetion trailer

3 Attachment(s)
It is packed with basic camping supply's, camp stove, lanterns, 5 cases of mre's and so on. Took me a couple of weeks to build. It started out as an apache tent trailer that I converted where you sleep on top. It's pretty easy to open and close and stores flat.

jjfuller1 10-22-2012 12:23 AM

thats pretty cool. if i attempted to do that my wife would put me in the ground. hahaha.. kudo's to you

HockaLouis 10-22-2012 12:27 AM

Pretty suite!

carbon15man 10-22-2012 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjfuller1
thats pretty cool. if i attempted to do that my wife would put me in the ground. hahaha.. kudo's to you

If I did it the ol ball and chain would make me live in it

fmj 10-22-2012 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carbon15man (Post 985167)

I could deal with that.

I have always said i prefer being in the proverbial dog house. Why? Because the dog actually likes me, nor does he bitch when i burp, fart or scratch!

OzarkRecluse 10-22-2012 03:09 PM

Nice job! You did well.

winds-of-change 10-22-2012 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjfuller1 (Post 985015)

Quote:

Originally Posted by carbon15man (Post 985167)

If I had a husband and he built something like that. I wouldn't care. What is it hurting? And at least you know where he's at and what he's doing. LOL

fmj 10-22-2012 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winds-of-change (Post 985590)
If I had a husband and he built something like that. I wouldn't care. What is it hurting? And at least you know where he's at and what he's doing. LOL

THIS!

Thats the way my wife looks at it when i am working on a project in the barn...it keeps me off the streets and out of the barns and generally its less expensive than a couple nights worth of carousing at the local watering holes. This is also why she is supportive of my hunting addictions. She knows (approx.) where i am at and its constructive as opposed to destructive like many "hobbies or addictions" are.

-06 10-22-2012 03:29 PM

Looking good "Lowe", Couple around here have similar rigs. I have cheated. Swapped for an old Midas R/V on a Chevy one ton chassis. It is still white but I keep several cans of "camo" colors handy. Plans are to install two PV panels on the roof with brackets so they can be tilted up to catch more rays. Like you camo netting. Have a bud with an extra piece that needs horse trading--lol. Putting a new tarp on the roller asap and will have him to install snaps around it so I can snap in screens. Might as well get comfortable--lol.

Brue182 10-23-2012 07:48 AM

I'd rather beg for forgiveness then ask for permission. Nice rig.