Moving to Land

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Moving to Land

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2007, 04:33 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Moving to Land

What is everyone's opinions on the ethical standpoint of squatter on land in time of a diaster?

I mean vacant land here, wild country, but private property.

If you had setup and established camp but were found and asked to leave in time of chaos/anarchy would you?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-04-2007, 08:37 PM   #2
bkt
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

That's an interesting question. Where I live, we don't really get natural disasters that would leave people homeless. If there were a power outage due to heavy snowfall or an ice storm, I'd stay put at home and enjoy the time off from work, taking advantage of the store of canned goods, frozen meat and other goodies we keep. (That's the norm here - people store a few day's of food and water.)

In the event of an unnatural disaster, like several nukes going off, and I was forced to leave my home, I would be inclined to answer your question: "hell no". In a SHTF scenario where infrastructure and law enforcement breaks down, it becomes a fend-for-yourself situation. My priority is the safety and well-being of my family and I will do whatever is necessary at the time to see to those things.

A situation like

where the local idiot LEOs try to take away firearms is the most difficult to figure out. Based on what I learned watching the video in the link, when a cop asks "Do you have any firearms" you answer "No sir".