Mountain House Foods, good or bad? - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Mountain House Foods, good or bad?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2011, 08:46 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I skipped the middle of this whole thread. The Newer MREs are not that bad. You dont want to eat them multiple days in a row as all your food intake. For something to have in your truck an MRE and a couple bottles of water wouldnt be bad. some are better then others.

Old 03-21-2011, 10:12 AM   #32
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Interesting...mountainhouse.com is showing bandwidth limit exceeded messages (right now, anyway) when you try to click on any of the links on the left menu. That's actually a good sign!

All the Walmarts near me stocked up on MH late last week. I hit two this weekend and personally cleaned out one of them of their stroganoff, beef stew, lasagna and chili-mac. The other had already been cleaned out. Prices there are about $2.00-2.50 lower than Dick's Sporting or Gander Mtn.

Old 03-22-2011, 02:18 AM   #33
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 37

I noticed that at walmart yesterday also.. I have been getting some for my BOB and a few extra to have if needed.. I also picked up a small Brunton backpacking stove for my pack with some fuel cans.

I need to get everything together and see how much the weight is up to now, I have most of the essentials, food, first aid and water filter/purification.

Old 03-22-2011, 10:29 AM   #34
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Incidentally, the JetBoil is ideal for use with Mountain House (and similar) food. It will bring a cup of water to boil in under a minute and it breaks down into a very small size - fuel, burner and stand all fit inside it - and it's lightweight.

Old 03-22-2011, 02:09 PM   #35

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
Incidentally, the JetBoil is ideal for use with Mountain House (and similar) food. It will bring a cup of water to boil in under a minute and it breaks down into a very small size - fuel, burner and stand all fit inside it - and it's lightweight.
For a cannister stove, the JetBoil is an awesome stove. And the JetBoil folks are gun people.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."