The Most Probable Scenario - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum >

The Most Probable Scenario

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2007, 02:51 PM   #21
bkt
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Let me throw this out there. Economic depression probably will be the cause of everything going to hell.

But what is the likely cause of economic depression?

Will it be internal scandals and problems? Or will it be an external influence such as multiple major U.S. cities getting attacked?

That may make a big difference in how we all (re)act.

Old 10-12-2007, 05:47 PM   #22

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pioneer461 View Post
If a nuke is detonated in an American city, EVERYTHING CHANGES. The world as we have known it will cease to exist.
That's a fact. Frankly, if it comes to that, I'm not sure survival is necessarily the best solution.

There's a really great novel that I read recently called The Road by Cormac McCarthy. It deals with a man and his young son trying to survive in the US a few years after a nuclear war. It's extremely dark, gritty, and powerful fiction--I think some of you guys would really enjoy it. It actually won the Pulitzer Prize for fiction this year.

Old 10-16-2007, 01:05 AM   #23

Liked 157 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 119

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
But what is the likely cause of economic depression?
You already have it. There are literally hundreds of thousands of idiot's who have overpaid for homes they have over borrowed on, and now can't sell for what they owe. This is the exact same thing that caused the stock market to tank in 29. Everyone trading, but no one had any money. Morons borrowing $400,000.00 to buy homes that are now worth less than 2/3 rds of that. So they walk because they have nothing to pay their debts with, and even less to lose because they came in with nothing but high hopes to begin with. Most can't even BUY a new car, they lease, (RENT). Were done financially. The dollar is worth crap overseas. We have a host of idiot's in this country who can't afford next weeks grocerys for cash, but they sleep 3 nights in front of an electronics store to be the first in line to buy an "I Phone" with a credit card. We are done financially as a world marketplace. And you know what? I'm glad, simply because these fools need to be shook out of the market. Removed from the real estate market, and put back into the 1 bedroom apartments where they belong . I'm sick of it, and judging by this countrys financial markets, so is everyone else with a buck. We will go back to what has been lost: "Collateral". It basicly means having something to get something, besides dreams, and a load of bull$h!t. Bill T.

Old 10-17-2007, 05:16 PM   #24

Default I suggest we become porcupines....

Hunker down quietly and go about our business, swapping & trading, getting prepared just in case. Friends and like minded individuals always welcome.

Predators and fools will get "quills" in the face and chest, however.

Old 10-17-2007, 06:46 PM   #25

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 7

BKT, when I asked, "How the hell do you defend against that?" I was talking about jihadists who want to die. How do you deter that behavior? When they believe that dieing in a holy war is a pathway to paradise, how do you talk them out of it? Threaten Mecca? That's just more souls for Allah. Go ahead, make their day.

If someone sets of a nuke in NYC (sorry New York) what would be accomplished by nuking Mecca? Suppose it wasn't an Islamist bomb, but one delivered by a bunch of white guys from Minnesota?
Retired Police Detective '71-'01 / LEOSA Certified
Naval Aviation Veteran '65-'69

United States Constitution (c) 1791
All Rights Reserved

Old 10-17-2007, 07:47 PM   #26
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
BKT, when I asked, "How the hell do you defend against that?" I was talking about jihadists who want to die.
A nuclear weapon detonated in North America by Islamists would set in motion the very thing Bush wants to avoid: a holy war. Nuking Mecca would be a logical response. You hurt us, we hurt you. But I wouldn't stop at Mecca: take out the other cities I mentioned, as well. The objective at that point would be to reduce their number and derail their leadership, military and communication capabilities, not just piss them off.

If some of them want to die, that works for me.

Quote:
How do you deter that behavior?
That's the real trick, isn't it? How do you convince so-called "moderate" Muslims all over the world to keep their violent buddies in check? Bribes in the form of foreign aid works a little, but the presumption is that these moderates have the ability to keep the whack-jobs in line, and that presumption may be false.

Quote:
If someone sets of a nuke in NYC (sorry New York) what would be accomplished by nuking Mecca?
What would be accomplished by letting it stand?

The time for the jihad-boys to be reined in is right now, not after they pop a nuke in the U.S.; it'll be too late then, and we will have no choice but to lump all Muslims together as enemies of the U.S. and the West in general. (With apologies to those easily bruised by politically incorrect thoughts.)

Quote:
Suppose it wasn't an Islamist bomb, but one delivered by a bunch of white guys from Minnesota?
That's a completely different issue which may lead to a different set of miserable circumstances. If it's a "McVeigh on Steroids" sort of event, then the biggest question will be "How did these clowns get a nuke?" While this would be an extremely awful event, it may not set in motion a global conflict.

If you're asking "Why should we automatically nuke Mecca and other cities when it was a third party that detonated a nuke?" I take your point. Our nuclear response should be tempered with the knowledge of who did what.

Last edited by bkt; 10-17-2007 at 07:51 PM.

Old 10-24-2007, 11:19 PM   #27

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I think many Southern Californians are facing their scenarios now. Wild fire.
Retired Police Detective '71-'01 / LEOSA Certified
Naval Aviation Veteran '65-'69

United States Constitution (c) 1791
All Rights Reserved

Old 10-31-2007, 05:43 AM   #28

Default Scenario

How about Economic Collapse coupled with Immigration differences causing civil unrest,martial law and Civil War?

Old 10-31-2007, 06:38 PM   #29

Liked 157 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 119

Quote:
Originally Posted by clover4j View Post
How about Economic Collapse coupled with Immigration differences causing civil unrest,martial law and Civil War?
A very likely scenario. Bill T.

Old 10-31-2007, 07:57 PM   #30
RED

Likes Given: 1

Default There will have to be a catylist

Something will need to happen to propel the U.S. into anarchy and chaos. It could be an attack or a natural disaster. For example several 8+ earth quakes occurring along the New Madrid fault in a 2 - 3 month period. 10's of thousands casualties, no river traffic on the Mississippi, and east-west commerce disrupted from Quincy IL to Vicksburg MS. Not only is this possible, it is in fact likely.

The consequences of an 1811 style earthquake would devastate not only the U.S. economy but the world economy in general. Where would the Chinese sell all their trinkets? Not a pleasant thought but one you should consider.