The Most Probable Scenario - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum >

The Most Probable Scenario

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2007, 06:23 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default It's Hillary's Fault

I am a former Army Ranger, Navy Seal and Law Enforcement. So if that means anything to anyone great. I am no a conspiracy nut but just think about this small fact. Since the attack of 9/11 there has been no attack of any type in the USA, sure some cells have been broken up, but these were low level, quite stupid ill trained and meagerly supported terrorists at best. It made for good headlines and gave the folks at Homeland defense something to brag about.

My sincere feeling is that the terrorists are patiently waiting, plotting and already in place to spring their next series of attacks. The reason for the waiting game is that they do not want to interfere with the election. It is my opinion that the democrats will most likely win the Presidential election sad but true, an attack in the USA prior to the presidential election would ensure a war hawk republican would win easily. Just as they the terrorists changed the outcome of the Spanish elections with the Madrid bombings, their lack of actions will only help elect an anti military democrat candidate that as history and their comment show, will have a weak response to obvious threats.

Old 08-04-2007, 01:36 AM   #12
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 705 Times on 390 Posts
Likes Given: 729

I'm guessing a pandemic or drought/flood in the Midwest leading to mass food shortages.

Old 10-08-2007, 10:41 AM   #13

Default Kevlar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottG View Post
So you're sayin' you'd shoot a Mosin Nagant M44 at them?

Thats a good one, I'll have to put that in my arsenal!!!!

Old 10-08-2007, 10:44 AM   #14

Default Everything changes!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pioneer461 View Post
If a nuke is detonated in an American city, EVERYTHING CHANGES. The world as we have known it will cease to exist.

It is said that the Japanese decided not to invade the United States following the attack on Pearl Harbor, because they were detered by the fact that so many Amereicans were armed. I don't know if that is true, but I fear that the enemy we now face is not detered by any level of force. With the exception of thier senior leaders, the terrorists actually want to die. How the hell do you defend against that?

Give them what they wan't!!! Buy more ammo!!!

Old 10-08-2007, 11:29 AM   #15

Default Economic Breakdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by RONSERESURPLUS View Post
Hello all

RON L = SERESURPLUS

I see an economic breakdown, with coupled more terror attacks from our buddies in the MIDDLE EAST! A Dirty BOMB, Perhaps, a Lot more GUN CONTROL and WEAPONS Prohibitions? You bet? What will remain, is the real folks that eat breath SURVIVAL will make it! Those with a Plan and preps stand a chance, those on the sidelines? Well, someone gotta be the slave? I'm 50, I've lived a good life, I won't die on my kneee's if it comes it it? I'll give back as good as I get?

I'd like to think I can slink off to live a peacefull life, but thats never really been the way, has it? I'd like to live as Survivalist Farmer, with maybe a small route for Trade, but I doubt it will be allowed? I think the days ahead are bad indeed?
Ron; my hats off to you, thats is exactly what is going on, good to find like minded people!!!

Old 10-11-2007, 01:43 PM   #16

I look for an economic breakdown to lead the way as our monitairy system is already set for disaster; It's not worth the fabric it's printed on and becoming worse daily.
Our government's answer to all money problems is to print more which only devalue,s the dollar more in the world market.
I feel that massive food shortages will hit about the same time, followed closely by a complete collapse of our economy. Has anyone noticed the outbreaks of Ecoli and samilnila poisioning besides me, wonder why?
The barter system and the will and means to survive is all that will keep us alive.

Old 10-12-2007, 05:05 AM   #17

Picture this :
Nuclear devices are set off in 6 or 8 major cities - Washington, New York, L.A., Houston, Atlanta, or pick your favorite.

Naturally, the police forces in these cities are overwhelmed, and eventually become ineffective.

The gangs take over the streets. Blacks, browns, skinheads, MS13, Bloods, Crips, all run wild. Anarchy rules the cities.

Neighborhoods become enclaves of self-defending families. Those who are able to get out of town hit the road, looking for a safe place. Cell phones become paper weights. Communication is done with CB radios. Money is now food, gasoline, and ammo. That case of .22 LRs is now your retirement account.

People with a place to go and a plan survive. Those without a plan don't.
Now is the time to prepare. If it doesn't happen, I will gladly stand up on Main Street and tell everybody in earshot that I am a big ol' dumbass.

Old 10-12-2007, 09:58 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCappin View Post
What do you think the most likely apocalyptic scenario would be to occur *if at all* *first* in the future?

Nuclear War? Economic Depression? Famine? Plague? etc...
Economic Depression is the closest of the bunch to reality. I also wouldn't be surprised to see a tax revolt sometime in the near future.

Member GCO

Old 10-12-2007, 01:41 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deduke View Post
Neighborhoods become enclaves of self-defending families. Those who are able to get out of town hit the road, looking for a safe place. Cell phones become paper weights. Communication is done with CB radios. Money is now food, gasoline, and ammo. That case of .22 LRs is now your retirement account.
I'm not a survivalist by any means, but I totally understand your statement above. I have always had lots of .22LR on hand, as well as a lot of surplus ammo for my WWII bolt-action rifle.

If anyone doesn't agree, think back to the L.A. riots a few years ago, and how anarchy ruled for days, in a major American city. It's really sad.

It's also another reason I like living in a rural setting, because the potential for major trouble in the cities is too high. My neighbors and I would be a formidable force to anarchists.

Old 10-12-2007, 02:40 PM   #20

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I'd go with Economic Depression (take your pick of real estate crash leading to a stock market crash and a run on the banks, dollar devaluation/hyperinflation, and/or energy prices reaching a tipping point.)

Pandemic seems like a possibility.

It's all pretty much tin-foil hat material, although I like to dust mine off on occasion too.