The Most Probable Scenario - Page 11
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum >

The Most Probable Scenario

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2009, 01:37 AM   #101
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

I would have to agree with anyone who said it will probably start as a terrorist attack. There are literaly thousands of shipping containers that come into this country everyday and we don't have the time or money or manpower to search all of them. In fact only about 1% of them are searched.

That's one of the many reasons I prefer to live in the country and not a city. They won't waste a bomb on a rural area of farmers if they can use it on an urban area and kill millions.
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Old 03-11-2009, 01:46 AM   #102

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

I'm going with the 2012 theory. Or the Yellow Stone theory. I'd prefer an apocalypse that isn't controlled by humans.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Last edited by dnthmn2004; 03-11-2009 at 07:53 PM.

Old 03-11-2009, 02:32 AM   #103
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 73 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Go with Yellow Stone. 100% nature managed. We wouldn't have to worry about the economy either...

Old 03-11-2009, 03:17 PM   #104

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Yellowstone in 2012!

Old 06-07-2009, 06:15 PM   #105

Likes Given: 2

Scenarios in order of Likely-hood(in my opinion):

1) Economic Apocolypse-Complete collapse of the American economy and a several 1000% infaltion ratio making the U.S. dollar worth less that the paper and ink it took to make it. Unparalleled Job loss and eventually nobody will be able to afford or even find food so all hell breaks lose.

2) Government Takeover/Civil War- While Civil War could be that outcome for most of these scenarios after the power vacuum they create. The most likely would be after The Government becomes to big for itself and too controlling over its citizens and everyone finally says enough is enough and another Revolution is born.

3) EMP Detonation- No power equals complete collapse of society, Millions of Sick, medicine dependent and Elderly would die in the first few weeks.

3) Dirty Bombs/Nuclear attack- Terrible outcome for affected cities but after fallout stabilizes, it would probably be the easiest to recover from depending on the percentage of the infrastructure and population that was affected. Due to the huge amount of lives lost Food wouldn't be as big an issue unless the grain belt was heavily affected my fallout.

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” -HST

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upwardly mobile—and the rest of us are F###ed until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. We owe that to ourselves and our crippled self-image as something better than a nation of panicked sheep."-HST

Old 06-07-2009, 06:39 PM   #106

well written

Old 06-07-2009, 09:24 PM   #107

A natural disaster followed by civil unrest.

Old 06-10-2009, 03:17 AM   #108

I can see an economic meltdown caused by hyperinflation. Food will simply become too expensive. There will be riots in most major cities with much loss of life and property. The government will declare martial law and attempt confiscation of weapons which will lead to possible civil war. It could get very ugly indeed.

Old 06-10-2009, 02:27 PM   #109

Likes Given: 2

Yep, and there's a really over-written book about it called "Patriots:A Novel of survival during the coming collapse" by, James Wesley Rawles. Informative but like I said really over-written.

There is a REALLY good book on an EMP scenario that I would recommend EVERYONE read called "One Second After" by William R. Forstchen. Its a very good novel, fun to read and yet still full of useful information.

And of course the Granddaddy of apocalypse novels that everyone should read: "Alas, Babylon" by Pat Frank

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” -HST

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upwardly mobile—and the rest of us are F###ed until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. We owe that to ourselves and our crippled self-image as something better than a nation of panicked sheep."-HST

Old 06-10-2009, 03:14 PM   #110

I believe in the 2012 theory to the extent that there will be extreme food shortages, and the government will herd the "sheep" into FEMA camps where food and water will be promised, yet death will be delivered to many to ease the strain on supplies. No one can leave the country, and all contact others will be strained.

There's no apocalypse like the one they make you think that you're experiencing.