Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Militias

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2009, 02:08 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 5

You need to be your own "militia". When it comes to joining a random gang of random idiots, the net result will certainly be your subjugation to the will of the stupid.
Bloods, Hell's Angels, MS13, and the Westboro Baptist Church are prime examples.

"Guns don't kill people. Male Kennedy's kill people."

Old 11-04-2009, 03:23 AM   #12

I wouldnt/couldnt take orders from a person who spent the entire afternoon slammin red eye and acting like he eats nails and ****s razorblades.
Most people I have encountered claiming to belong to a militia have been nothing more than armchair commandos that only know what the military channel says and couldnt work a gun under everyday conditions let alone in a "situation".
An organized group of community oriented people working together to improve their neighborhood and work with local law enforcement to birddog potential threats and dangers is a good thing though. Such groups have been given the label of "malitias" by left wing media outlets because those who have guns and CCP's usually join these groups, not because of the gun but because gun owners are typically responsible patriotic Americans who want to better the neighborhoods they live in.

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves. Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American...(T)he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people." (Tench Coxe, Freeman's Journal, 20 Feb 1778)

Old 11-04-2009, 10:29 AM   #13
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 47 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 12

No need, no want, no desire to associate with any militia. I lead... not follow.

Old 11-05-2009, 07:28 PM   #14

My militia is going to be family and close friends who know how to fish, hunt, and keep calm, cool, and collected. So if SHTF, I'm hauling ass 100 miles west, constantly on the defense. These other militias do have the right idea, but some of them may just be looking for a fight. I'm glad that there are groups that are willing to defend their neighborhoods if there is a zombie attack though.

Old 12-13-2009, 12:52 AM   #15

Default Zombies??????

Folks I keep seeing the word Zombie come up often and I don't understand what is a Zombie???? Is this a catch word for some thing else?? PLease educate me

Jim

Old 12-13-2009, 04:51 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Soldier View Post
Folks I keep seeing the word Zombie come up often and I don't understand what is a Zombie???? Is this a catch word for some thing else?? PLease educate me

Jim
Nope, Hey-you-guys is the not-official leader of the "no really guys, the zombies are gonna get you" fan club. when you hear him or any of the others say zombie they really mean half rotting drone left-overs of once humans coming after you in horde's. Maybe not so much in the conventional undead crawling from the grave type stuff, but (im assuming) the idea is sickness, plague, or some kind of virus (resident evil style if you're familiar) that will turn mass amounts of once normal people into blood thirsty crazed murderers that will pack up like wolves and prey upon the weak and unprepared.

honestly if the SHTF for real, i imagine (even if people aren't zombie-fied) that the gangs of bandits and raiders that would pool together to loot those of us who decided to prepare would not be far from the zombies of the movies, shambling after you attempting to relieve you of your reserves and probably your life.
"You should see the damage, bronze. Huh? metal damage, brain damage. Heheheh. You listen bronze. I am the Nightrider. I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller! I'm the Nightrider, baby .... .. .
and we ain't never comin' back!"

Last edited by Wings-ofthe-Luftwaffe; 12-13-2009 at 04:54 AM.

Old 12-13-2009, 05:40 AM   #17

Liked 22 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 15

In todays world I really don't think we NEED militias. The so called militias of today usually comprise loners who are searching for a place in the world and think they can assert power through a gun and playing military. The only thing close to a militia I think anyone should ever consider joining would be a neighborhood watch. Serves the purpose of protecting your home/ neighborhood, get to work in a group of like minded individuals, and you don't NEED a gun for it. However, I do think people owe it to themselves and their loved ones to at least know how to properly use a firearm should they need to use one to protect themselves/family.

Old 12-13-2009, 07:05 PM   #18

I would not want to be involved with a militia for all of the reasons mentioned. I do think joining a group of friends and like minded people would be a smart thing to do. If the SHTF, I think defending a certain area would be a lot easier with numbers. I think going it alone, you will eventually be taken out if the gangs are sticking together and we are not.

I am talking about a plan of friends that will meet and defend each other. I personally don't have such a plan, but would like to be part of a group of law abiding like minded people.

Just a thought. We might find ourselves defending our homes against those crazy militia's someday.

Never forget 911

When you think of your freedom. Thank a Veteran!

Old 12-13-2009, 09:17 PM   #19

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

2 Militia's will I belong too. NRA and FTF. That is it.

Old 12-14-2009, 12:04 AM   #20

Liked 1101 Times on 676 Posts
Likes Given: 2387

Is there anyone here who has been in a militia? Not to offend anyone else on this thread, but most of the reasons people give for not joining are opinion or perspectives.

I would also agree with most here that I wouldnt join, but I dont really know anyone in a militia. Lets face it, the militias we see in the public eye today are probably militias that arent the patriot version of sleeper cells. There is bound to be more then one type of militia out there. So Ill ask again, anyone here a member of a militia or a previous member?

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Closed Thread

Newest Threads