Militias - Page 13
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Militias

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2010, 04:15 AM   #121
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

If the left can marginalize us as "gun nuts" or whatever label they can get away with, they can spread any propaganda they want. That's why we have to be rational and not give them fodder.

We can play the game as well as them, but we must win.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 04-11-2010, 06:39 AM   #122

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Seems the powers that be can apply whatever labels they want to any group and they have the machine to make it stick. We, as a labeled group need to be ever vigilant and work at being PROACTIVE instead of REACTIVE. meaning being aware of what legislation is being proposed and supporting the NRA and other gun rights groups.
As far as being in a Militia or even a small group of like minded folks, I would love to meet some folks who have thier stuff together and would be willing to work together to survive, and I think I will talk to a few friends who are also in the labeled group and see what happens. Wish me luck, Hey Ron, any sugestions on how to approach the subject with out sounding like I'm paronoid?

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson

Old 04-11-2010, 03:06 PM   #123

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Many ways to Broach the Subject!

Hello all, RON L here - SERE SURPLUS, Responce to Pandamonium

I know of a few ways to "BROAC" the subject, in that we have a need for Prepardness! I like to discuss the economy, the administration in power, as well as bring up hpow vunerable we all are as individuals! bring up hpow Fun Group event such as Picnics and group camping or hunting trips are, as well how all chipped in to help each other! I never mention the word MILITIA, I slowly ease all involved into a "GROUP" agreement to helkp each other i natural and non natural disasters! I use events like Katrina, the Sunami's that have changed folks lives, as well as all the news on eath quakes as in haiti and other place and bring up, how they could have tried to be prepared for them? I never "PUSH" the discussion in one direction, a leader has to know how to let folks find thier own way and nornmally a persons concern for self and of course family and friends always wins out? I try and make small steps, set up further meetings about what we want to do, with who,m when, what were and why and in time, the 'Group Activity" has a decent organization and few ever worry about it, as the talk of Firearms and weapons are never the Focuse of discussion unless it's about protection of the Group or assets! Focus on Food,m water and shelter the most important aspects of Survival allways seems a better idea and doesn't frignten folks? You can gradually mention weapons and trainng and all, after you have a reasonable activity organized and folks learn to better know and trust each other! How far one takes this is all depending on your goals and abilities and I've always said something is better than nothing and in the end, you are the ones that ALL decide how far it wil be taken and how seriouly? I can share methods of screening members formally and all in another diuscussio if ya like, But hope this might anwser a few questions of how it worked for me and how I do it? If not, ask and I will do the best I can to respond to youyr question?

RON

Old 04-12-2010, 05:39 AM   #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by hindubandit View Post
It comforts me to see militias on the rise but at the same time, with power becomes responsibility. The big government is way more organized and they're growing by the herds with boys scouts.. a growing military.. this new civilian national force where youngsters serve a number of hours each year and it pays for a chunk of their college.... they have all these agencies who spy and infiltrate looking for ways to manipulate the militias, while the militias have good intention.

I hope militias are smart and have mechanisms in place to thrive and be here for years to come, hopefully they won't be needed but I think they will seeing the state of the economy..

Militias to me are American soldiers, ones we need at home while the government has our real military tied up on the offensive abroad.

My thoughts exactly! When i think of a millitia i think of a group of people who defend our country domestically from any threat that may start here in the US>

Old 04-12-2010, 05:06 PM   #125

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Great Commentay t Dsal

Hello all, RON L here - SERE SURPLUS

Great Commentary Dsal, in the end, Just as it was in 1776, we must count on those out of uniform to keep the home fires buring and the Snakes and Vipers in Washington under control, remeber a few Different Boxes at work, the Ballet Box and the Bullet Box, One will always try and use the ballet box till one runs out of options, then the "Bullet Box"? I gave undle San 24 years of my life and like inthe Old Song "Coper head Road" , I have not forgotten what I was taught and what to do? LOL I see Group action as more effective the "lone worlf" as one has to sleep sometime?

RON

Old 04-13-2010, 05:18 PM   #126

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RONSERESURPLUS View Post
Hello all, RON L here - SERE SURPLUS, Responce to Pandamonium

I know of a few ways to "BROAC" the subject, in that we have a need for Prepardness! I like to discuss the economy, the administration in power, as well as bring up hpow vunerable we all are as individuals! bring up hpow Fun Group event such as Picnics and group camping or hunting trips are, as well how all chipped in to help each other! I never mention the word MILITIA, I slowly ease all involved into a "GROUP" agreement to helkp each other i natural and non natural disasters! I use events like Katrina, the Sunami's that have changed folks lives, as well as all the news on eath quakes as in haiti and other place and bring up, how they could have tried to be prepared for them? I never "PUSH" the discussion in one direction, a leader has to know how to let folks find thier own way and nornmally a persons concern for self and of course family and friends always wins out? I try and make small steps, set up further meetings about what we want to do, with who,m when, what were and why and in time, the 'Group Activity" has a decent organization and few ever worry about it, as the talk of Firearms and weapons are never the Focuse of discussion unless it's about protection of the Group or assets! Focus on Food,m water and shelter the most important aspects of Survival allways seems a better idea and doesn't frignten folks? You can gradually mention weapons and trainng and all, after you have a reasonable activity organized and folks learn to better know and trust each other! How far one takes this is all depending on your goals and abilities and I've always said something is better than nothing and in the end, you are the ones that ALL decide how far it wil be taken and how seriouly? I can share methods of screening members formally and all in another diuscussio if ya like, But hope this might anwser a few questions of how it worked for me and how I do it? If not, ask and I will do the best I can to respond to youyr question?

RON
Ron, thanks for the response, I do discuss being prepared with some folks, some agree with me and see my line of reasoning and others think I am a lunatic. I don't really care about the latter, but just planting the seed that we should always be ready for anything seems a good start. I usually plant that seed, let em think about it, and those who CAN think, mostly come back with questions. Those are the folks I believe have some potential, I do like to tread carefully though, don't want to alienate good people to the idea by being too agressive. I feel letting these guys come to decision for themselves is the best way. Thanks again Ron, seems we're pretty much on the same page.

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson

Old 04-13-2010, 06:07 PM   #127

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Responce to panda

Hello all, RON L her e- SERE SURPLUS, RESPOCE TO PANDA

Indeed, when I have talked with Folks, I try not to push, I let them come to thier own conclusions! I point out the sorry state of EVETYHING, how going it alone is SHEER madness, I bring up the need to work as a group, but I never pressure anyone to act before they are ready and I never TELL THEM WHAT TO DO? I find that in as in life, folks will "FIND THIER OWN WAY"? Those that won't well, not a lot I can do for them and I don't try? LOL Yes, I see us as having the same mindset and thanks for responding back to me! If I can be aof any further service to you and yours you need only ask, i will do all for ya that I can?

RON

Old 04-13-2010, 08:20 PM   #128

I would never join an organized militia, they wouldnt last a week. For me its my family and close friends. maybe pick up a few people along the way. It would depend on the circumstance i.e. Chinese (or other country)invade, nuclear war, "zombies(really a disease)" or the worst one yet, communist takeover(which would lead to all of the aforementioned).

" It's better to be tried by twelve than carried by six. " - Nick Stone

Old 04-13-2010, 09:49 PM   #129

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Responce to makarov

Helo all, RON L here - SERE SURPLUS

Responce to makarov

You have a Right to your opinion! I have to ask, as you'd Never Join a Organized Militia (As they would never last a week?), what experience do you have with any Sort of MILITIA ORGANIZED OR NOT? What makes you feel that you can Organize with Friends and family better than what some groups have been preparing for since CLINTOON? I'd say, do what ya like, but know that PREVIOUS SKILLS and PLANNING, ORGANIZATION and $ set up, will TRUMP MOST FOLKS HOME GROWN EFFORTS? I have my own and I am no longer a part of the ORGANIZED MILITIA yet, I do understand my own and others I have wth mes limitations! You might do well to consider those facts and re-examine your options! As someone Famous said "Gentlemen, we Must hang together or shurly we will hang sepertly? LOL

RON

Closed Thread