Militias - Page 11
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Militias

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2010, 01:42 PM   #101
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Responce to Sharps and Tackleberry

Hello all, RON L here - SERE SURPLUS. RESPONCE TO TACKLEBERRY and SHARPS

Indeed fellows, I see this as a way to Build Support for your efforts while helping outers build thiers> Some on in an earlier post Mentioned it a a Form of "INSURANCE", and this way all can lend a Hand and expect one back when the bad times come? I see weappns and all we have as necessary items and ask anyone in the Disasters we have seen, and they will be quick to say that they counted on thier firearms and other weapons as much as they did any "TOOLS" they had! Having folks ya trustand can cont on to support ya is part of the Group dynamic, everday like shows us who is dependable and can be trusted, while those that don't and can't as well? Pays to build hard and early and It's also fun? No one said this all had to be drugery? Same folks ya party with, invite to Barbaques and work with and trust are great folks to start with? What Direction ya go and how far is up to you? I hagve had groups some woud call a Militia up to near 50 monbers and as small as a few as I have now, but still rely on them? You can include your Family members but the usual cautions about how Family can be a blessing and curse ally? LOL Good Luck and do it as u can? One day, you will be very happy u did!

RON

Old 03-01-2010, 02:40 PM   #102

Liked 1972 Times on 1087 Posts
Likes Given: 1308

When I was in the Army (many years ago) there were four of us that were pretty close. We met at a secondary AIT. One was a Ranger, one was Airborne, and the other two of us were getting ready to go to jump school. This is the only type of group that I would be a part of. Not because we were all part of some type of special ops. But because we were close friends who knew each other well. I would never trust more than a couple of people to watch my back. I have a neighbor that is a collector like me. We both shoot a lot. We both reload. We are not a militia. Nore have we ever discussed it. But if things became ugly. I imagine our families would probably stick together.

I am not a fan of a bunch of mistrained people running around the woods thinking they are Rambo.

Old 03-02-2010, 03:40 AM   #103

Liked 4887 Times on 2369 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

Default Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
When I was in the Army (many years ago) there were four of us that were pretty close. We met at a secondary AIT. One was a Ranger, one was Airborne, and the other two of us were getting ready to go to jump school. This is the only type of group that I would be a part of. Not because we were all part of some type of special ops. But because we were close friends who knew each other well. I would never trust more than a couple of people to watch my back. I have a neighbor that is a collector like me. We both shoot a lot. We both reload. We are not a militia. Nore have we ever discussed it. But if things became ugly. I imagine our families would probably stick together.

I am not a fan of a bunch of mistrained people running around the woods thinking they are Rambo.
I'm former Army Infantry myself and have a close circle of 6 other men, 1 is a former Marine, the others did not server, however we all worked together for a number of years and developed a strong friendship centered around shooting sports. This happened because I've always believed that the best way to create a convert is to take them shooting. The worst way is to try preaching about the 2nd Amendment to people who've have very little exposure to guns. Most of these guy had little to no experience and even less training. Exposing them to my fine collection of "TOYS" and teaching them in the same even and confident manner my father and grandfather used on me has created some of the best friends I've ever had, broadened the pro gun base, and many of their collections now rival my own. None of us has ever used the term Militia but all of know that it the SHTF we will pool our resources and jointly ensure our families security. I think groups like mine are far more prevalent than the media conception. We don't hate anyone, we hope to all live peaceful lives and be luck enough to die as old men, in our own bed, surrounded by grandchildren, but if that dream is not to be, we will be ready to see take care of our own.

Isn't that how it's supposed to be?

Old 03-02-2010, 04:34 AM   #104

Yep, that's the way it's supposed to be :>)
Jim

Old 03-02-2010, 06:17 AM   #105
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

That's the way Tackleberry. We the People are the militia.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 03-02-2010, 06:58 AM   #106

Liked 32 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
That's the way Tackleberry. We the People are the militia.
Quoted for truth.....Again!!

People get the government they deserve.

Old 03-02-2010, 03:48 PM   #107

Yup, it is just a matter of people not wanting to rely on the nanny state like good sheeple.

Old 03-02-2010, 05:14 PM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenthoughts View Post
This is like the argument, "there is a hypocrite in the Church so I am never going" eh... ok....

You had a nut job relative. Sorry.

So if I am in a militia with good men, because you had a nut job relative in a militia that corresponds to me how?

I want good men armed to the teeth around me when the SHTF, you want to go alone, it is still a free country, go for it...
Ok my post was not very clear why I wouldn't join the militia.

The term militia (pronounced milisha) is commonly used today to refer to a military force composed of ordinary citizens[1] to provide defense, emergency law enforcement, or paramilitary service, in times of emergency without being paid a regular salary or committed to a fixed term of service.

Taken from Wikipedia

Ok here is my problem with the militia. First, I personally do not see a need for such a group currently, not to say that we will not ban together in the future in the time of need. The problem with the so called militia, and correct me if I am wrong,( I am refering to Michigan militia first hand ) that it really comes down to politics, not supported defense of our nation. It was started because a few persons wanted certain laws to be changed supposedly to benefit for all, force if necessary.

I would define this as a Coup not a Militia. So call it what it is a Coup. Furthermore, I find it desturbing that most members in the militia would wait around and be the first ones to pickup a firearm to get his or her point across rather than investing the time trying to change peoples minds peacfully. Isn't that why you get together like a bunch of armed rabbits in the hills, what other motives are there. Last I checked the US has done a good job of keeping our people safe. My 2 cents.

wisdom comes with time and time is never ending

Old 03-02-2010, 05:31 PM   #109

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Folks would have and did say@!

Hello all, RON L here - SERE SURPLUS

Yes, many here and all over seem to be falling for the hype and the Bull**** Sterio type of what Hollywood or the GOV would want all to see as a MILITIA? "Back in the day", Hamiltion, Jackson, Washington, YUP, they all WOULD HAVE BEEN VIEWED AS RADICALS and SCOUNDRELS? I, MYSELF am ok to be compared withg that company?? LOL Lets all Build the support groups that we need and want and streess less over whats it's called, DEAL? Back as it was then, it still is today! Tites are well just "TITLES? No one wants to align themseves with Wanna Be types rambo Fools and the life? Chose who ya work with, How ya pick them and they you? Your all will be better of if ya do?

RON

Old 03-02-2010, 06:28 PM   #110
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Good point Ron. If we say the things that the Founding Fathers said, we are called "domestic terrorists" today. Down is up, up is down.

There is an extreme lack of common sense and a great deal of hysteria about these matters.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Closed Thread