Medical supplies - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum >

Medical supplies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2011, 06:12 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default a few things I forgot

We won't always be able to run down to Walgreens so I work on what we have. Down at Fort Huachuca we learned that ground coffee works well to stop bleeding. Just a hand full pressed tight to the wound. Works great on head wounds which tend to bleed the most. I have old packs of coffee from work in my trauma bag too. Simple super glue works good as a wound closer. My 5yr old son was playing hockey and fell and bit through his bottom lip. The Dr used what appeared to be super glue. When I asked he said it was an expensive single use packet of plain old super glue, but being an ER he has to use it and not the 3 for 99 cent stuff at Dollar tree. My sister-in-law split her finger nail and was in a lot of pain. I had her hold the nail in place and added a drop of super glue. Less than a minute later she was fine again. We gotta take care of each other best we can with what we got.