Making an "O Sh**" bag - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Making an "O Sh**" bag

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2011, 11:13 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comeswithbacon View Post
What stumps me is no one has said fishing line. And if you are a smart SOB you would have a .22 (I prefer a rifle) with a CRAP load of rounds, bag yourself some small game and use its guts as bait. As for a pole....use a stick!
As I have posted before, we have a 4 acre pond about 300 yards away from the house and a creek about 3/8 mile. The Sacramento river is just a few miles away too. Might have to used the .22 to keep what you catch if times really get bad tho.
As an aside, a couple of years ago I saw some Asians using what we used to call a seine net in one of the small canals around here. Very effective way of cleaning everything out. Illegal as hell but as the Ranger said,," they don't speak English and I can't speak Vietnamese so the judge throws it out.
Might need to learn to use one if thigs really go to sh*t

Old 07-06-2011, 12:31 AM   #42

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Fishing line, hooks, etc are a must. I pack 50 lb Spider Wire in mine. It's light as a feather, impervious to light and other degradation inherent in mono, strong as hell, and useful for a lot of things other than fishing with. Gotta be careful handlining it though. It'll cut you to the bone in a heartbeat.

Sein and cast nets are a heck of a good idea. I have several cast nets for gathering live bait for striper and flatheads. I've used sein nets before, but it was years and years ago. You needed a buddy to make good use of one.

Old 07-06-2011, 01:05 AM   #43

and if there aint nothan to fish, it doubles as a trip wire...

"To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them." -George Mason
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 07-06-2011, 01:06 PM   #44

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comeswithbacon View Post
and if there aint nothan to fish, it doubles as a trip wire...
...or snare, thread for sewing (I imagine you could use the 4lb diameter stuff for sutures, although the more medically inclined may tell me I'm crazy), nastier stuff (improvised) comes to mind...

Old 07-06-2011, 04:50 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPat View Post
...or snare, thread for sewing (I imagine you could use the 4lb diameter stuff for sutures, although the more medically inclined may tell me I'm crazy), nastier stuff (improvised) comes to mind...
thats why its alway in my BOB

"To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them." -George Mason
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!