Making an "O Sh**" bag - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum >

Making an "O Sh**" bag

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2010, 09:28 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts

for your emergency para cord needs go to the following web site

Survival Straps - Paracord Survival Bracelets, Lanyards, Belts and Accessories... Be Prepared!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 02-27-2010, 10:26 PM   #22

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctherock View Post
for your emergency para cord needs go to the following web site

Survival Straps - Paracord Survival Bracelets, Lanyards, Belts and Accessories... Be Prepared!
That is very clever.
Ruger Mk III Competition
S&W M&P 9 Pro Series
East German Makarov PM

Old 03-24-2010, 12:55 AM   #23

Liked 10 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Well weather and geography definitely affect your precise equipment needs - I live up in Canada on the West Coast - so there is a LOT of salt water and cold weather. Titanium blades are better up here than steel (due to the cold/salt) but I also like to have a good steel blade as well because they keep their edge better.

A few general things - a medical kit (and the skill to use it!!, St Johns Ambulance or other medical training courses are pretty affordable and would be useful to do now).

Matches - with a candle - use one match to light the candle and hten use the candle to start a fire - saves matches. (Also tallow candles are edible, but gross)

Compass, Rope, at least 1-litre of water. radios if you're in a team. A good waterproof jacket with layers. A small Whetstone. Obviously, your firearm of choice and enough ammo to mkae it count.

Also - just as an aside make sure you ahve a good set of boots! If you're on the move nothing is more important than comfort/care for the feet.

This is really incomplete - but just some ideas to get one going.

Old 03-24-2010, 01:12 AM   #24

Liked 2181 Times on 1196 Posts
Likes Given: 1403

I have a good kit. But I have considered adding a 22 rifle to it. I have been thinking about the old AR7. I believe that Henry is making it now. I bought one used about 20 years ago. It was totally unreliable back then. I think it was just the one I bought. Anybody have one? If so, do you like it? I am talking about the one that breaks down and stores in its own stock. I have several 22s. But not one of these.
Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 04-14-2010, 06:27 PM   #25

Default Any one bought one of these?

Seems like a pretty good addition to a BOB, for 20 bucks... wondering about the quality of what's inside. For example - 20 piece first aid kit, but what does it include?

Yeah, I know, I spend too much time on thinkgeek.

ThinkGeek :: Ultimate Survival Kit in a Water Bottle

Old 04-15-2010, 03:07 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegatoRedrivers View Post
Seems like a pretty good addition to a BOB, for 20 bucks... wondering about the quality of what's inside. For example - 20 piece first aid kit, but what does it include?

Yeah, I know, I spend too much time on thinkgeek.

ThinkGeek :: Ultimate Survival Kit in a Water Bottle
you know that gives me an idea of how to store all the little odds and ends in mt bob thnx

don't wish for a lesser burden, just a stronger back

Old 06-09-2010, 05:59 PM   #27

Default Work Dog

A dog can pull a skid with a 50 or 60 lb load, chase down and retrieve food and offer protection and early warning.

Just a dog lover...

Old 12-08-2010, 07:13 AM   #28

Just bumping the thread.

Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.
- Publius Cornelius Tacitus

"We are the people that we have been waiting for."
-Unknown-

"No Compromise"
Canada's National Firearms Association

Old 12-12-2010, 02:21 AM   #29

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Just thought of something, don't know if it's ever been mentioned, but a few pictures (wallet size) of family or friends. When I'm at work, I can look in the top drawer of my tool box and look at a couple photos of my son and it lifts my spirits. So maybe it would help in something like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJAMISON View Post
wow. i didn't finish. and i want that time i just wasted back. I was hoping for at least a pic of Bea Arthur in her undies .

Old 01-03-2011, 05:36 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameronguyton View Post
Just thought of something, don't know if it's ever been mentioned, but a few pictures (wallet size) of family or friends. When I'm at work, I can look in the top drawer of my tool box and look at a couple photos of my son and it lifts my spirits. So maybe it would help in something like this.
I would say that's a great idea. In a disaster it's quite possible that families will get lost or separated. A current photo of family members could not only help lift the spirits but also help you look for loved ones. They could posted on boards at any survival camps/shelters that are setup. Even if you only have 1 of each member and don't want to post it, a picture is worth a thousand words, and when trying to describe a person to someone who has had 10,000 other descriptions, and seen 50,000 refugee/survivor people that day - the picture could really help!

Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.
- Publius Cornelius Tacitus

"We are the people that we have been waiting for."
-Unknown-

"No Compromise"
Canada's National Firearms Association