Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Making an "O Sh**" bag

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2010, 05:44 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

tanasi, I will concede that I misunderstood your post and its intent. For that, I apologize. Your response was an insult and personal in nature and it was out of line.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Last edited by CA357; 02-10-2010 at 08:24 PM.

Old 02-10-2010, 05:47 PM   #12

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

what is with the influx of "help me build my BOB" and "should I take my 308 and 50 cal, or just the Red Rider" posts?

There is such a thing as a search......

Old 02-10-2010, 08:18 PM   #13

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanasi View Post
We got rid our bug out bags, because their to heavy to carry and you can't get enough in them. If one needs too bug out there is a good possiblity the roads are gonna have check points so vehicles are not an option. My wife an I each have a deer hauling cart that can haul 250 lbs and can be easily pulled up and down hills and through the woods, creeks,etc.We can pull them a ways out of sight pitch our tent and relax,then be gone at sun up with no sign except for four bicycle tire tracks.Forget the bag man get ya a cart.
While I'm not sure how a deer cart can replace a BOB, I can see how it could be helpful in porting your BOB. Fwiw, those deer carts are handy, but not as easy as you claim in heavily wooded and very hilly areas when loaded with a couple hundred pounds of dead deer...

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 02-12-2010, 01:59 AM   #14
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 42 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 11

I think TANASI is history...

Old 02-12-2010, 03:32 AM   #15

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

The cart sure does make getting a deer out of the woods a lot easier much better than dragging. I used mine a good bit last season hauling a couple of deer, moving my stand from one place to another etc. It rolls easily on good ground but was pure hell in thick woods. One good aspect of it is that weight can be placed so that the cart has a natural balance.

Old 02-12-2010, 04:41 PM   #16

Liked 123 Times on 92 Posts
Likes Given: 13

My SHTF bag is an "alice pack"

300rds of 5.56 in mags, 11 MREs, a GOOD firstaid kit, a small survival kit(lighter, matches, mutli-tool, AA flashlight, fingernail clippers) a cigar and a pint of bourbon.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 02-21-2010, 02:00 AM   #17

All **** talking aside.. my BOB just has some essentials: fixed blade knives, fishing line and hooks, fire starters, dryer lint, emergency ponchos, emergency tent, LOTS of parachute cord, sharpening stone, compass, mirror..etc... anything that will come in handy if need be.. did I mention LOTS of parachute cord??? you can never have too much rope..

Old 02-21-2010, 02:41 AM   #18

just remember, if you have at least 2 weeks worth of food/supplies, you are doing better than most.. While everyone else is scavenging or begging for supplies, you will have a head start. You can be looking for supplemental food/water/supplies while everyone else is trying to survive their first day..

Old 02-21-2010, 02:44 PM   #19

Liked 123 Times on 92 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmrami View Post
LOTS of parachute cord, sharpening stone, compass, mirror
definately things I need to add.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 02-22-2010, 05:27 AM   #20

Default i may just be thinking like a teenager here buuuut...

a kel tec SUB-2000 would seem to make a fine addition, they are really compact, and i hear they have a durable case you can get for them so personally i guess if i had the resources i would have that in there.