M i t says it's over in 2030 - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > M i t says it's over in 2030

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2012, 03:46 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 248 Times on 142 Posts
Likes Given: 163

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisko09 View Post
Hahaha that's no joke. Someone who is willing to lower the pay/benefits of the president, congress, etc. also.. they wonder where all this money goes every year, well thats millions of dollars right there. Theres no reason for a congressman who works 2 weeks out of the year to make 10 times what a decorated muilti-theatre vet makes. IMO.

Sent from my DROID Pro using FirearmsTalk
They shouldn't be getting a retirement equal to their salary either, but I bet they voted that in for themselves behind our backs. As they seem to do so many things.

It appauls me that our military does without things at times but congress seems to have deep pockets for themselves.

Old 04-28-2012, 05:14 PM   #42

Liked 20 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1611

They shouldn't be getting a retirement equal to their salary either, but I bet they voted that in for themselves behind our backs. As they seem to do so many things.

It appauls me that our military does without things at times but congress seems to have deep pockets for themselves.
One of the first things i was told, buy a CSM for that matter, when i enlisted was "We're expected to accomplish everything, with nothing. And help everyone, for nothing. And so is the life of the American soldier." Ill never forget those words. All too true.

Old 04-30-2012, 02:28 PM   #43

Quote:
One of the first things i was told, buy a CSM for that matter, when i enlisted was "We're expected to accomplish everything, with nothing. And help everyone, for nothing. And so is the life of the American soldier." Ill never forget those words. All too true.

Very true my friend!! I might add that it's all done with or without the support of some of the public.

Old 04-30-2012, 11:24 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1611

Very true my friend!! I might add that it's all done with or without the support of some of the public.
Mostly without in my experience haha. I need to move somewhere that soldiers/vets are a little more respected than here in IL. It's ridiculous when the whole town offers 15% student discounts, but not one place in town offers a military/law enforcement discounr

Old 04-30-2012, 11:54 PM   #45

Quote:
Mostly without in my experience haha. I need to move somewhere that soldiers/vets are a little more respected than here in IL. It's ridiculous when the whole town offers 15% student discounts, but not one place in town offers a military/law enforcement discounr

This town I live in is full of veterans. It's small but for it's size it seems like we have allot. There's many WWII still living here. Several are retired from the post office. One of them was with the 82nd Airborne and dropped into France on D-Day. He was quite a fellow, knew him well. We have a very active VFW post that's always doing things for the community, much of which is behind the sceines too. For the most part they all command a great deal of respect and the few that don't have earned that due to things they do that they shouldn't but that true with any of us.

You'd have liked my great grandmother. During Desert Storm she wrote many letters to soldiers she didn't know. She did get to meet one after the gal finished her tour there though. She sent one son to the Pacific during WWII with the Marines, he made it home. She truly believed in our country and our military.

Keep your chin up, there's allot more of us that feel deeply indebted to folks like you than you may know.

Last edited by Jim1611; 05-01-2012 at 12:01 AM.

Old 05-01-2012, 01:26 AM   #46

Damn few. But it always reminds us what we're fighting for when someone walks up and wants to shake our hands or wants to pay for a meal. Doesn't take much. Just a nod even. Especially from other Vets.

Old 05-01-2012, 03:30 AM   #47

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I respect our vets and advice members enuff that I buy them a meal when I can afford it its my way of saying thanks for my rights to tell someone to @#$% o#& if I want or to own my guns and defend myself or someone else if I choose our vets and military have earned the respect to bad alot of people r to stupid to realize that