M i t says it's over in 2030 - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > M i t says it's over in 2030

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2012, 11:40 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 31 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1

I should have typed the Vet thing in Green as that portion was somewhat toungue in cheek. I do however get a bit tired of men who never served putting our forces in harms way and then effectively tying there hands with BS rules of engagement.

Perhaps just the position of "Commander In Chief" would require Vet status.

Tack
I know what you meant and I cannot stand people who have never been in combat who put our men in harms way by putting a half-butt effort into helping them either. Where are our George Washingtons now? We need high level commanders fighting with our men, not playing politics in the capital. I actually meant to say I would agree with vet status requires for higher level offices on my previous post.

Old 04-10-2012, 12:17 AM   #12

Liked 26 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 67

Armies, thug groups, and gangs all have the same purpose, to take by force the resources controlled by others. Patriots, freedom fighters, and vigilantes all have the same purpose, to stop those by counter-force from taking the resources.

Old 04-10-2012, 01:12 AM   #13

Liked 460 Times on 267 Posts
Likes Given: 22

I'll believe the world will end when the Big Man upstairs says so. Anything else that says different can go blow smoke

Old 04-10-2012, 01:40 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShagNasty1001
I'll believe the world will end when the Big Man upstairs says so. Anything else that says different can go blow smoke
Amen!!!!!!!

Old 04-10-2012, 02:17 AM   #15

Liked 26 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShagNasty1001 View Post
...the world will end when the Big Man upstairs says so...
The Big Man said the worse is yet to come, and nobody can imagine what the worse will be.

Old 04-10-2012, 02:20 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger-6

The Big Man said the worse is yet to come, and nobody can imagine what the worse will be.
Good thing I will be long gone when most of it goes down.

Old 04-10-2012, 05:52 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Don't worry guys, when the smoke settles I will be Emperor of the Western Hemisphere.

Through either diplomacy or Nuclear force, we will reestablish the worlds governments.

The law of the land will be exactly what was on the books the day the 2nd amendment was ratified, nothing more, nothing less.

It should not take more than 10 years of my leadership to restabilize the planet and begin the process of transitioning back to democratic control of government with 3 new wrinkles.
A. Only Veterans are allowed the vote
B. No new law shall be passed without first striking down at least 1 existing law.
C. No political parties will be allowed and NO private funding of campaings.

All should be right again within 2 decades so keep your powder dry and the world will turn.

Tack

Al hail Tackleberry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-10-2012, 05:27 PM   #18

Liked 80 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable, a most sacred right -- a right which we hope and believe is to liberate the world. Nor is this right confined to cases in which the whole people of an existing government may choose to exercise it. Any portion of such people, that can, may revolutionize, and make their own of so much of the territory as they inhabit.' Abraham Lincoln, January 12, 1848 speech in Congress (If I'm not mistaken 13 states did this and a war was waged against them, now ain't that something.)

now i think we can and should learn alot about what happend and why in the 1860s i feel great change is coming to America again

Old 04-10-2012, 06:30 PM   #19
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2015 Times on 1097 Posts
Likes Given: 604

There was a science fiction book written a long time ago with a similar scenario. You had to complete a term of government service to vote or hold office. Government service was voluntary and guaranteed as in they had to find something for you to do so as not to exclude handicaps. You could not vote or hold office while in service. Elected office was not considered as government service and terms were strictly controlled so no one could gain too much power. It was pretty well thought out but I can not remember the title.
Our government fears the returning veterans. If they united into a voting block, they would have a lot of power. Further, our elected officials fear a confrontation with an aroused public and know veterans have the combat experience to wage a gorilla war. They also fear that the military or at least some elements of the military would refuse to take up arms against our own citizens in an obvious unconstitutional situation. There is also fear of a military take over as written in an article by a former Whitehouse insider. I recently posted in the history thread about the 1946 battle of Athens Tennessee. This is what the government fears on a national scale. The bottom line is our government is very afraid and that is why we have all these recent unconstitutional laws and decrees.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I am who I am and your approval is not needed.

Old 04-10-2012, 07:04 PM   #20
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6563 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Well, lock and load boys. If we are going to go through that kind of hell, it's best to get all the firepower you can.