Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Survival & Sustenance Living Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f51/)
-   -   Looking for a particular outdoor bag (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f51/looking-particular-outdoor-bag-83743/)

Scratchammo 02-08-2013 05:51 PM

Looking for a particular outdoor bag

I like the Camelback Urban Assault XL but it's lacking some things I also want. A metal frame, solar compatibility, multiple external compartments, & multiple buckle straps. Does one such bag exist or can I have one custom made?

dango 02-09-2013 04:54 AM

I personally have several packs and my "GO-TO" extended expedition large capacity pack is made by a Company the name of (YAK-WORKS) Yes I Have a (YAK-PACK)! :) The FINEST and MOST comfortable thing I have ever strapped to my back. Forewarned , I bought this pack in the "mid 70,s and yes , it is STILL my favorite pack.

Capacities; 5,500 cubic inches!

Cinched; 1,600 c. i. !

Extended; 7,000 c. i. !

Multiple lash points; so many , ski slots etc.

Hell , I could pack an extra pack mule in or on this caraaaazy PACK..! :D

Don't drool just yet.! As said , I bought in the late 70,s and don't need another , this ole pack just keeps on keeping on , like me .
Don't honestly now if they still exists. Like other top rate out door gear
(EARLY-WINTERS) Also one of my favorites and they are no longer..? :(

leam23 02-09-2013 05:11 AM

I'm not sure on your specific specs but great bags for the money . Lapolicegear.com

Scratchammo 02-09-2013 05:31 AM

Thanks for the good info. I'll check them both out.

dango 02-09-2013 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leam23 (Post 1130445)
I'm not sure on your specific specs but great bags for the money . Lapolicegear.com

Well , I give it another shot.

Capacities INSIDE PACK:

Normally rated 5,500 cubic inches.
Extendable hood with cinched extendible hood or sleeve adding an additional
1,500 cubic inches above my head , OK..?

Inside , to gear down , a series of cinch straps to compress down to much the size of large day pack ! That"s why I bought it in the first place , it's like having 5 different packs all in one ! Darwin rated Just all thumbs UP.! :)

Like yur favorite dog , just Grreat.........!:D Even got an detachable hood that can be used as a bucket or sink to shave , Bad MO FO !

Triple stitched , belt leather lash points The Coupe Deville of packs.!
8 ounce Cadora nylon and all load bearing areas are all double reinforced!
Bought this thing in 1976 and I can't kill it!:eek: I do believe it is the only thing I've bought in my life that I could ruin !
Maintenance;Waxed all zippers "paraphin" candle wax!
Wore the inner water proof coating off 10 years ago, sprayed the out with three coast of KIWI spray silicone.
I CAN NOT KILL THIS PACK ! MAINTAIN all leather like you would your favorite boots. Enough said ?:confused:

Scratchammo 02-10-2013 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dango (Post 1130474)
Well , I give it another shot.

Capacities INSIDE PACK:

Normally rated 5,500 cubic inches.
Extendable hood with cinched extendible hood or sleeve adding an additional
1,500 cubic inches above my head , OK../

Inside , to gear down , a series of cinch straps to compress down to much the size of large day pack ! That"s why I bought it in the first place , it's like having 5 different packs all in one ! Darwin rated Just all thumbs UP.! :)

Like yur favorite dog , just Grreat.........!:D Even got an detachable hood that can be used as a bucket or sink to shave , Bad MO FO !

Triple stitched , belt leather lash points The Coupe Deville of packs.!
8 ounce Cadora nylon and all load bearing areas are all double reinforced!
Bought this thing in 1976 and I can't kill it!:eek: I do believe it is the only thing I've bought in my life that I could ruin !
Maintenance;Waxed all zippers "paraphin" candle wax!
Wore the inner water proof coating off 10 years ago, sprayed the out with three coast of KIWI spray silicone.
I CAN NOT KILL THIS PACK ! MAINTAIN all leather like you would your favorite boots. Enough said ?:confused:

Is this it?
http://www.oregonphotos.com/Yak1.html

Scratchammo 02-10-2013 02:23 AM

Someone also recommended this one: http://inchbag.com/

Any thoughts on it?

dango 02-10-2013 03:57 AM

cosmetics HAVE CHANGED VERY LITTLE !
That pack is frame-less and how you pack does matter a great deal to your comfort!

If you notice that top Longitudinal seem , that's the bucket I spoke of ,(SINK), it expands upward to add another 1500 inside.!
Also , the large side pockets , they had large (Ski-slots).!
If you could see the in-side , that's where the (Compression system) was..!:)
Clear pocket for maps or anything.! If I could only own one pack , that'ed be the one........!
That was considered an expedition , high volume pack.!

They came in like 7 colors , so stealth around, very quiet ,! I chose the same color(Royal-Blue) so I wouldn't get shot..!:)
Best pack for climbing and skiing
and also many times , I lashed
the pack to my climbing rope it for safety.! for safety.! !

Scratchammo 02-14-2013 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dango (Post 1131769)
cosmetics HAVE CHANGED VERY LITTLE !
That pack is frame-less and how you pack does matter a great deal to your comfort!

If you notice that top Longitudinal seem , that's the bucket I spoke of ,(SINK), it expands upward to add another 1500 inside.!
Also , the large side pockets , they had large (Ski-slots).!
If you could see the in-side , that's where the (Compression system) was..!:)
Clear pocket for maps or anything.! If I could only own one pack , that'ed be the one........!
That was considered an expedition , high volume pack.!

They came in like 7 colors , so stealth around, very quiet ,! I chose the same color(Royal-Blue) so I wouldn't get shot..!:)
Best pack for climbing and skiing
and also many times , I lashed
the pack to my climbing rope it for safety.! for safety.! !

Sounds like an awesome pack! Thanks for the info, I need to try one out.