Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > "Livin' for the Apocalypse"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2011, 02:23 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I saw part of the show and then got interrupted so I will have to watch for the re-run. I am somewhat of a "prepper" myself but not to the extent that one lady is. (Peggy Layton I believe)

Personally, I think that these people that live in cities with a bunch of neighbors are painting a big bulls-eye on themselves.

I live in a very small village in Upstate NY with a population of 1,833 perps and that is still too many people for me to feel comphy in any real SHTF scenario. Pretty rural here with the biggest nearby city of 29,000 people. Not too populated but still too many people and plenty of mountains and I am still uneasy about too many people and most here are well armed. But the one thing I have going for me is my military training.

I really hope we do not have a SHTF scanerio.

OC

"magbum"

Old 08-30-2011, 04:12 AM   #32
Kostriker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1749 Times on 997 Posts
Likes Given: 3530

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
No, it's not. The lady in the first couple is Peggy Layton. She's a hard core prepper and has written books about it.
Here is her site:

Home

I like the underground setup!

Old 08-30-2011, 04:36 AM   #33
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 756 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Finally got to see it. Too outlandish and far-fetched.
The saving grace were the young couple who were
the epitome of survivalist.

Old 08-31-2011, 04:23 PM   #34

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
Well, the idea isn't whether 2012 is the theoretical end of the world or not. The idea is to gain further knowledge should something happen that requires self sufficiency.

God helps those who help themselves. If I want to eat, I am required to take certain actions. God is not going to shove a steak through the mailbox. He expects me to do my part.
THANK YOU!!!!!! People that make these sorts of statements that you responded too, are the ones we will have to deal with if and when it does happen.

Jimmy

Old 09-01-2011, 02:17 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcountry02 View Post
More interesting information. Food for thought!

Estimated - 9 Nov 2011 - "Closest approach of 2005 YU55 (0,0023 AU): This asteroid will pass between the Earth and the Moon (Distance Earth to Moon is 0,00257 AU). This asteroid could hit the Moon, normally it will pass the moon at (0,0027 AU). This is a very important time period, the 2005 YU55 Comet passes Earth at just 2.137.988 miles / 3.427.194 kilometers; but, even more important, this comet will "pass" our Moon at just 25,098 / 40.232 kilometers, thats the distance of just one time around the Earth. If ELENIN has a powerful field it could push 2005 YU55 out of it's "normal route" and closer to the Moon. If the Moon is hit by this 400 meter diameter rock, disaster will also hit Earth with tidalwaves and other disasters."

At the same time, we have Asteriod "1036 GANYMED" and "Asteriod 1996 FG3" in the area.

Estimated - 11 Nov 2011 - "Perfect alignment of ELENIN, Earth, Mercury and Venus. It is during this alignment that the Earth will also pass the route of ELENIN, so when ELENIN has a tail with debris, all the rocks will / might hit Earth or Moon.

Comet Elenin Won't Kill Us, Says NASA

Comet Elenin Won't Kill Us, Says NASA : Discovery News

The earth is hit with tons, (literally tons) of high velocity gravel from space every day. Rarely are any of these objects larger than a toaster, in truth most are the size of a grain of rice, and that vast majority burn up long before they hit the ground, unless they are denser metallic projectiles, and large enough to make it through 20 miles of atmosphere at 40,000 feet per second. That much speed and friction produces a LOT of heat, more than enough to vaporize most anything smaller than a meter or so across.

A 400 meter rock hitting the moon would cause some truly brilliant sunsets for a few months as the impact debris settled into our atmosphere, but, unless it skipped off and collided with the earth, would have little effect on the earth beyond that.

If something 400 meters across does impact the earth, it produces a crater about the size of Meteor Crater in Arizona, which is just over three quarters of a mile across. That, to put it mildly, would be capital B bad.

Depending on where it hit, the rivers would run red with blood and yellow with urine.

Inventory:
AK-74
M1911-A1
CETME .308 Sporter
Sig SP2022
Ruger 10/22
Hi-Standard Duramatic M-101
H&R 1874 12 Guage
Mosin Nagant M91/30
K-98 Mauser
Ithaca M-66

“It's too easy sometimes to give in to despair, unless, of course, you’re talking about politics, in which case you don't really have any other option.” Mike Littwin

Old 09-06-2011, 01:09 AM   #36
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1735 Times on 1253 Posts
Likes Given: 1979

Default Bring back the past......

any one hea has an old hand crank telephone, I jest need it to shock catfeesh jus in case the si$4 hit the fan..... I gots to feed those that has the guns an ammo......Gold makes good sinkers......

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

Old 10-30-2011, 03:59 AM   #37
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 153 Times on 91 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ploofy
I've gotta say, I don't think the apocalypse is happening any time soon. We'd see wormwood coming.
If your talking about the star falling in revelations it already happened chernobyl is wormwood in Russian I think it's been a while since I did my home work but a nuke blast is as bright as a star yadda yadda yadda alot lot of things that are in revelations has "already" happened. NOTICE THE QUOTATION MARKS

Last edited by woody63m; 10-30-2011 at 04:11 AM.

Old 10-30-2011, 04:04 AM   #38

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 159

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody63m View Post
If your talking about the star falling in revelations it already happened chernobyl is wormwood in Russian I think it's been a while since I did my home work but a nuke blast is as bright as a star yadda yadda yadda alot lot of things that are in revelations has "already" happened
Don't forget the candlesticks (twin towers).

"THE SIERRA JUST HOTEL TANGO FOXTROT -OVER"

MALO PERICULOSAM LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETUM SERVITIUM