"Livin' for the Apocalypse" - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum >

"Livin' for the Apocalypse"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2011, 05:23 AM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1176 Times on 511 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

There was a lot of chaff in that wheat. I don't think I learned anything especially new, but it was a pleasant hour.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 08-29-2011, 06:17 AM   #22

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts

I liked the guy with the pool garden thing. Smart stuff. Too bad hes in the city where he can be overran.

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 08-29-2011, 02:59 PM   #23

Interestesting! I like seeing other peoples idea of what is going to work for them. Everyone of them was saying basically the same thing be prepared!!!

Mark

MLR Distributing

Old 08-29-2011, 03:59 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 103 Times on 63 Posts
Likes Given: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctherock View Post
I liked the guy with the pool garden thing. Smart stuff. Too bad hes in the city where he can be overran.
The man with the garden was clever. The segment on him was actually a repeat; I believe it aired on another show first. They had evaluated his plan on the other show and said a major weakness was those around him. They said he has been working on collaborating with his neighbors since then, but you are right, in such a populated area he will be a big target.

I also liked the older guy with the beard; he was an interesting character and he really seemed to enjoy helping other people.

Old 08-29-2011, 04:06 PM   #25

Liked 37 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
On the Learning Channel Sunday Aug. 28th

"Convinced the end of civilization is near, families stockpile goods and prepare bomb shelters in "Livin' for the Apocalypse" Priemiering Sunday, Aug. 28th on TLC. The one hour special brings viewers inside the lives of these unique families that go to extremes in the hopes of surviving in what they believe is a dismal future."

I'm gonna' watch it. I'm always looking for ideas, although I have no plans for a bomb shelter. Now, a bunker, maybe.
No one knows when the end is coming, not even Christ, only the Father. And when the end does come, there is nothing any of us can do to protect ourselves on this earth. We'll be judged by the words of Jesus, and if found righteous, will be in heaven with him. That's the only sane preparation, study, learn, and obey the word of God. Then, who cares what happens on this earth, as heaven will be worth it all. By the way, the history channel and the learning channel spew untruths all the time.

Old 08-29-2011, 06:02 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Well, the idea isn't whether 2012 is the theoretical end of the world or not. The idea is to gain further knowledge should something happen that requires self sufficiency.

God helps those who help themselves. If I want to eat, I am required to take certain actions. God is not going to shove a steak through the mailbox. He expects me to do my part.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 08-30-2011, 12:38 AM   #27
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2106 Times on 1240 Posts
Likes Given: 4539

More interesting information. Food for thought!

This is from FOX News regarding International Space Station:

Will International Space Station Be Abandoned?

Will International Space Station Be Abandoned? | FoxNews.com

With the end of the storied space shuttle program, NASA is forced to rely on Russian spacecraft to operate the International Space Station. The recent crash of a Russian spaceship in the remote reaches of Siberia underscores the risk of that policy decision: A problem with Russia's fleet may force NASA to abandon the station as soon as November.

Now, a few days ago other News was talking about the ISS has enough supplies to way into 2012.

Space station has plenty of supplies: NASA

Space station has plenty of supplies: NASA | Sci-tech | DAWN.COM

This article states that Comet ELENIN coming in won't kill us, this is from NASA. I believe them as much as Big "O". Some digging:

Estimated - 9 Nov 2011 - "Closest approach of 2005 YU55 (0,0023 AU): This asteroid will pass between the Earth and the Moon (Distance Earth to Moon is 0,00257 AU). This asteroid could hit the Moon, normally it will pass the moon at (0,0027 AU). This is a very important time period, the 2005 YU55 Comet passes Earth at just 2.137.988 miles / 3.427.194 kilometers; but, even more important, this comet will "pass" our Moon at just 25,098 / 40.232 kilometers, thats the distance of just one time around the Earth. If ELENIN has a powerful field it could push 2005 YU55 out of it's "normal route" and closer to the Moon. If the Moon is hit by this 400 meter diameter rock, disaster will also hit Earth with tidalwaves and other disasters."

At the same time, we have Asteriod "1036 GANYMED" and "Asteriod 1996 FG3" in the area.

Estimated - 11 Nov 2011 - "Perfect alignment of ELENIN, Earth, Mercury and Venus. It is during this alignment that the Earth will also pass the route of ELENIN, so when ELENIN has a tail with debris, all the rocks will / might hit Earth or Moon.

Comet Elenin Won't Kill Us, Says NASA

Comet Elenin Won't Kill Us, Says NASA : Discovery News

Old 08-30-2011, 12:43 AM   #28
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 10716 Times on 4638 Posts
Likes Given: 1742

Boots- very old saying- "Put your faith in God, but row AWAY from the rocks!"

Old 08-30-2011, 12:59 AM   #29

Liked 5012 Times on 2430 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

I missed it but think I can still catch it "on demand". I did see the promo and noted the family being profiled actually had a business selling survival stuff. Hope it's not just a promo for there online store.

TACK

Old 08-30-2011, 01:56 AM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

No, it's not. The lady in the first couple is Peggy Layton. She's a hard core prepper and has written books about it.