Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > "Livin' for the Apocalypse"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2011, 09:50 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 756 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
On the Learning Channel Sunday Aug. 28th

"Convinced the end of civilization is near, families stockpile goods and prepare bomb shelters in "Livin' for the Apocalypse" Priemiering Sunday, Aug. 28th on TLC. The one hour special brings viewers inside the lives of these unique families that go to extremes in the hopes of surviving in what they believe is a dismal future."

I'm gonna' watch it. I'm always looking for ideas, although I have no plans for a bomb shelter. Now, a bunker, maybe.

Thanks for the heads up. I will schedule it on my DVR.

Old 08-24-2011, 10:06 PM   #12

Liked 1088 Times on 703 Posts
Likes Given: 275

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratchammo View Post
Ever wonder if some of the parts of Revelations are now past tense?
Every age has their bits from the Old Testement. If you lived in Spain during the inquisition, you may have felt the end was near. If you had lived in Virginia during the War of Norther Agression, you would have thought the same. Or maybe France in 1918, or Poland in 1941.

Every day is one day closer to your personal end, the interesting thing is we never know where we are on our journey. Maybe we should have mileposts.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 08-27-2011, 04:52 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Bumping this for the weekend. The show's on tomorrow evening.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 08-27-2011, 07:25 PM   #14

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
On the Learning Channel Sunday Aug. 28th

"Convinced the end of civilization is near, families stockpile goods and prepare bomb shelters in "Livin' for the Apocalypse" Priemiering Sunday, Aug. 28th on TLC. The one hour special brings viewers inside the lives of these unique families that go to extremes in the hopes of surviving in what they believe is a dismal future."

I'm gonna' watch it. I'm always looking for ideas, although I have no plans for a bomb shelter. Now, a bunker, maybe.
Thanks for pointing this out. I will try to watch it.

OC

"magbum"

Old 08-27-2011, 08:46 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1735 Times on 1253 Posts
Likes Given: 1979

Default Irene a Pharte in the wind.........

Just one little Hurricane and look at whats happening in the north...... In just two days the foods gone, the bottled waters gone..... hell you can't even buy a flash liight, much less the batteries......What will you do when it really hits the fan...... Be prepared, and be safe.....

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

Old 08-27-2011, 09:46 PM   #16

Liked 1414 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
Every day is one day closer to your personal end, the interesting thing is we never know where we are on our journey. Maybe we should have mileposts.
Maybe we do have mileposts.

Can you say situational awareness?

It's that thing the Nanny-State refuses to teach its wards.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 08-28-2011, 05:12 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

It's tonight if you want to watch. Although TLC does repeat some shows.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 08-28-2011, 09:17 PM   #18
Kostriker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1749 Times on 997 Posts
Likes Given: 3530

I checked the cable guide, showing on Comcast twice for my area 2000 and 2200 hours tonight!

Preview below:

Livin' for the Apocalypse Videos : Videos : TLC

Old 08-28-2011, 09:28 PM   #19
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Screw it. I'm not wasting my time. If they're putting on douche bags who think the world's gonna end in 2012 from "all these prophecies" then that's crap and it mocks folks who are looking at legitimate, real goings-on who are taking intelligent steps to mitigate potential problems based on what's happening. The show should be about how prepping is beneficial when nothing goes wrong or when something does. But, as is so often the case, the media thinks it will attract more viewers with the extreme b.s. than with what normal folks are doing.

Old 08-28-2011, 09:44 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

The media will do what the media does and their bias doesn't change fact. It looks worthwhile enough to watch and I'm always happy to learn something new.