"Livin' for the Apocalypse"
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > "Livin' for the Apocalypse"

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2011, 03:53 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
CA357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Oregon
Posts: 19,871
Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Default "Livin' for the Apocalypse"

On the Learning Channel Sunday Aug. 28th

"Convinced the end of civilization is near, families stockpile goods and prepare bomb shelters in "Livin' for the Apocalypse" Priemiering Sunday, Aug. 28th on TLC. The one hour special brings viewers inside the lives of these unique families that go to extremes in the hopes of surviving in what they believe is a dismal future."

I'm gonna' watch it. I'm always looking for ideas, although I have no plans for a bomb shelter. Now, a bunker, maybe.

__________________
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams
CA357 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 08-24-2011, 04:50 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
doctherock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Rainy sh!thole,Oregon
Posts: 5,148
Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Default

I shall have to look up the times as that will be interesting to see. Thanks for the post.

__________________

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

doctherock is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 01:45 PM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Orlando,Florida
Posts: 71
Default

Looks like it will be on at 10pm on the East Coast not sure out where you live.

Mark

MLR Distributing

__________________
MLRDist is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 02:05 PM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Scratchammo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Memphis,The volunteer state
Posts: 1,471
Liked 24 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 160

Default

Ever wonder if some of the parts of Revelations are now past tense?

__________________

"THE SIERRA JUST HOTEL TANGO FOXTROT -OVER"

MALO PERICULOSAM LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETUM SERVITIUM

Scratchammo is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 02:15 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
CA357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Oregon
Posts: 19,871
Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratchammo View Post
Ever wonder if some of the parts of Revelations are now past tense?
Actually, I think we're pretty much there in a number of ways. Of course, there is only One who knows.
__________________
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams
CA357 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 03:21 PM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Ploofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,205
Liked 57 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Default

I've gotta say, I don't think the apocalypse is happening any time soon. We'd see wormwood coming.

__________________

Animo non Astutia

Vae Victis

Ploofy is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 06:41 PM   #7
bkt
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 6,973
Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ploofy View Post
I've gotta say, I don't think the apocalypse is happening any time soon.
I agree. But it is also pretty clear the potential for some chaos around the dollar faltering is pretty high right now.

The point to prepping may have started out of concern over Bad Things[tm] happening, but now it has morphed into just a sane way to live. You can mitigate a whole bunch of bad things with a little planning and forethought, up to and including a zombie apocalypse.

The idea of "living FOR the apocalypse" is a little goofy. By prepping, you hope to avoid it. It's the idiot "kitchenistas" and other urban screwtards who give no thought at all to "what if...?" that will be hit the hardest if something happens.
__________________
bkt is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 06:51 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
willshoum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houma, La.,La.
Posts: 5,436
Liked 1930 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Default Augh.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
On the Learning Channel Sunday Aug. 28th

"Convinced the end of civilization is near, families stockpile goods and prepare bomb shelters in "Livin' for the Apocalypse" Priemiering Sunday, Aug. 28th on TLC. The one hour special brings viewers inside the lives of these unique families that go to extremes in the hopes of surviving in what they believe is a dismal future."

I'm gonna' watch it. I'm always looking for ideas, although I have no plans for a bomb shelter. Now, a bunker, maybe.
Do you see into the future,,,, I do..... US... Hurricane to hit East coast..... Hells coming to pay a visit..... Shoot all Looters on Site.......
__________________

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

willshoum is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 07:06 PM   #9
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Ploofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,205
Liked 57 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
I agree. But it is also pretty clear the potential for some chaos around the dollar faltering is pretty high right now.

The point to prepping may have started out of concern over Bad Things[tm] happening, but now it has morphed into just a sane way to live. You can mitigate a whole bunch of bad things with a little planning and forethought, up to and including a zombie apocalypse.

The idea of "living FOR the apocalypse" is a little goofy. By prepping, you hope to avoid it. It's the idiot "kitchenistas" and other urban screwtards who give no thought at all to "what if...?" that will be hit the hardest if something happens.
Oh, I agree wholeheartedly then. I'm a tad bit of a survivalist. There aren't many situations where I don't know all the exits, possible weapons, choke points, distractions, etc. I don't go out and stock up mainly because I can't afford it, but I know where and how I can get everything I need to live a couple months comfortably when I'm at home, and I've always been at home in the wilderness. I tend to believe that prepping your physical self is better than getting the materials.
__________________

Animo non Astutia

Vae Victis

Ploofy is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 09:09 PM   #10
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 659
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Interesting. Normally the History channel is pretty supporting of the 'Sane Right" as far as past-times and thinking patterns go, but I hope this doesn't turn out to be a "make fun of everyone who doesn't depend 100% on the government" kind of thing.

__________________
Lindenwood is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
"Do "Gun-Free" Zones Encourage School Shootings?" cnorman18 The Club House 26 04-17-2012 09:57 PM
Old Revolver - "Revolvers Dreadnought" - "Azul" - Anyone familiar? stelliott80 Revolver Handguns 3 07-13-2011 10:52 PM
"Go-Go Girls of the Apocalypse" CA357 Survival & Sustenance Living Forum 4 02-07-2011 07:18 PM
"Apocalypse Man" on the History Channel tallguy130 Survival & Sustenance Living Forum 20 03-25-2010 01:21 PM
Witloe Remington 1858 New Model Army "Lee" & "Grant" bprevolver Blackpowder & Musket 0 09-25-2008 11:11 PM