Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Survival & Sustenance Living Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f51/)
-   -   "Livin' for the Apocalypse" (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f51/livin-apocalypse-47274/)

CA357 08-24-2011 03:53 AM

"Livin' for the Apocalypse"

On the Learning Channel Sunday Aug. 28th

"Convinced the end of civilization is near, families stockpile goods and prepare bomb shelters in "Livin' for the Apocalypse" Priemiering Sunday, Aug. 28th on TLC. The one hour special brings viewers inside the lives of these unique families that go to extremes in the hopes of surviving in what they believe is a dismal future."

I'm gonna' watch it. I'm always looking for ideas, although I have no plans for a bomb shelter. Now, a bunker, maybe. ;)

doctherock 08-24-2011 04:50 AM

I shall have to look up the times as that will be interesting to see. Thanks for the post.

MLRDist 08-24-2011 01:45 PM

Looks like it will be on at 10pm on the East Coast not sure out where you live.

Mark

MLR Distributing

Scratchammo 08-24-2011 02:05 PM

Ever wonder if some of the parts of Revelations are now past tense?

CA357 08-24-2011 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scratchammo (Post 568948)
Ever wonder if some of the parts of Revelations are now past tense?

Actually, I think we're pretty much there in a number of ways. Of course, there is only One who knows.

Ploofy 08-24-2011 03:21 PM

I've gotta say, I don't think the apocalypse is happening any time soon. We'd see wormwood coming.

bkt 08-24-2011 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ploofy (Post 569016)
I've gotta say, I don't think the apocalypse is happening any time soon.

I agree. But it is also pretty clear the potential for some chaos around the dollar faltering is pretty high right now.

The point to prepping may have started out of concern over Bad Things[tm] happening, but now it has morphed into just a sane way to live. You can mitigate a whole bunch of bad things with a little planning and forethought, up to and including a zombie apocalypse.

The idea of "living FOR the apocalypse" is a little goofy. By prepping, you hope to avoid it. :) It's the idiot "kitchenistas" and other urban screwtards who give no thought at all to "what if...?" that will be hit the hardest if something happens.

willshoum 08-24-2011 06:51 PM

Augh.......

Quote:

Originally Posted by CA357 (Post 568822)
On the Learning Channel Sunday Aug. 28th

"Convinced the end of civilization is near, families stockpile goods and prepare bomb shelters in "Livin' for the Apocalypse" Priemiering Sunday, Aug. 28th on TLC. The one hour special brings viewers inside the lives of these unique families that go to extremes in the hopes of surviving in what they believe is a dismal future."

I'm gonna' watch it. I'm always looking for ideas, although I have no plans for a bomb shelter. Now, a bunker, maybe. ;)

Do you see into the future,,,, I do..... US... Hurricane to hit East coast..... Hells coming to pay a visit..... Shoot all Looters on Site.......

Ploofy 08-24-2011 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkt (Post 569105)
I agree. But it is also pretty clear the potential for some chaos around the dollar faltering is pretty high right now.

The point to prepping may have started out of concern over Bad Things[tm] happening, but now it has morphed into just a sane way to live. You can mitigate a whole bunch of bad things with a little planning and forethought, up to and including a zombie apocalypse.

The idea of "living FOR the apocalypse" is a little goofy. By prepping, you hope to avoid it. :) It's the idiot "kitchenistas" and other urban screwtards who give no thought at all to "what if...?" that will be hit the hardest if something happens.

Oh, I agree wholeheartedly then. I'm a tad bit of a survivalist. There aren't many situations where I don't know all the exits, possible weapons, choke points, distractions, etc. I don't go out and stock up mainly because I can't afford it, but I know where and how I can get everything I need to live a couple months comfortably when I'm at home, and I've always been at home in the wilderness. I tend to believe that prepping your physical self is better than getting the materials.

Lindenwood 08-24-2011 09:09 PM

Interesting. Normally the History channel is pretty supporting of the 'Sane Right" as far as past-times and thinking patterns go, but I hope this doesn't turn out to be a "make fun of everyone who doesn't depend 100% on the government" kind of thing.