Lightning- Just thought I would share
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Lightning- Just thought I would share

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2009, 03:21 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Lightning- Just thought I would share

I noticed was week while listening to am radio (Rush Limbaugh) I could hear crackeling on my radio. I pulled up accuweather on my pc and the storms were a pretty good ways fron us. As the storm got closer it got alot worse and I realised that this is a awesome early storm warning system. The last place I want to be is deep in the woods, under trees or on the water when a lightening storm approaches. Just a thought.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-19-2009, 03:34 AM   #2

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Works the same way in your car or truck. AM stands for Amplitude Modulation, so the higher the amplitude of the signal, more presence it has. Lightning is pretty damned amplitudinous, so it carries over most broadcast AM signals.

Old 08-19-2009, 04:18 AM   #3

If I ever need to bug out there will be a am radio in my plans.

Old 08-19-2009, 04:32 PM   #4

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Grundig makes a nice hand crank emergency AM/FM/SW radio with a built in flashlight. I have the older model FR200 with crappy NiCad batteries - the newer model has Lithium batteries.

Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 12-02-2009, 12:36 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorknoids View Post
Works the same way in your car or truck. AM stands for Amplitude Modulation, so the higher the amplitude of the signal, more presence it has. Lightning is pretty damned amplitudinous, so it carries over most broadcast AM signals.
Dittto. chose a freq with nothing on it for better reception. So Im told. There are some very nice software out there too but ot is pricey and not very portable.

Old 12-02-2009, 03:40 AM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

If you were listening to Rush you should have been hit in the ass by a bolt of lightening. Man don’t ever let anyone else do your thinking for you especially a drug addict sorry excuse for humanity like him. I have no problem with right wing theology but when one who is so out of touch with reality that he believes his own lies promulgates it I draw the line. Do yourself a big favor and stop listening to the pundits and do your own thinking

Old 12-02-2009, 04:18 AM   #7

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Geez Wally!! Give that an effing break! Rush is right 99% of the time and unfortunately human. At least he isn't a Ted Kennedy, who gets drunk and kills someone due to his drunken negligence, then spends the rest of his life screwing up the country by issue of his sheer incompetence!

Sorry, tripped a trigger reflex! An AM/FM radio is a must if your buggin' out. Solar or Dynamo is essential!!

People get the government they deserve.

Last edited by dunerunner; 12-02-2009 at 04:21 AM.

Old 12-02-2009, 04:57 AM   #8

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walley View Post
If you were listening to Rush you should have been hit in the ass by a bolt of lightening. Man don’t ever let anyone else do your thinking for you especially a drug addict sorry excuse for humanity like him. I have no problem with right wing theology but when one who is so out of touch with reality that he believes his own lies promulgates it I draw the line. Do yourself a big favor and stop listening to the pundits and do your own thinking
Bad, BAD AM radio!!!

So, what do you think about health care nationalization....

"Guns don't kill people. Male Kennedy's kill people."

Old 12-02-2009, 05:02 AM   #9

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Gork...you forgot to add this to the text!!

People get the government they deserve.

Old 12-02-2009, 12:20 PM   #10

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Dunerunner

You are right. Rush speaks the same truths as good old George did that caused me to bury two of my grandsons that were killed by his lies. Although I am now retired I am still working with a group of poor souls that came back from The Bush Gestapo’s big truth with Post Traumatic Shock Syndrome. A year ago one young man, with a wife and two small children, who I was trying to help committed suicide despite my best efforts. That failure on my part prays on my mind constantly. Over 50 years ago a very wise man, my father, told me that the truth is what it is not what we want to think it is.

Tell me how Ted Kennedy single handily screwed things up in this country. Think about it; it took quite a few of the elected prostitutes on Capitol Hill to screw things up the way they are now. Do you realize that after eight years of the Great Truth Teller we are now so deep in debt to China that your great-grandchildren will still be paying on it? I suppose that Kennedy pulled that one off all by himself.

Gorknoids

I am all for a single payer health care system. I have quit a few friends up in Canada and from what they tell me it is good deal for them. I am sure it would work here if we could curtail the greed of the insurance and health care industries.

Last edited by Walley; 12-02-2009 at 03:17 PM. Reason: wrong terminology