Less Than Lethal? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum >

Less Than Lethal?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2009, 12:33 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 271 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Originally Posted by matt g View Post
I carry a steel framed 1911. If I want someone dead, I aim and squeeze. If I don't want them dead, but need to get a message across, I pistol whip the **** out of them.

MattG -
I hope you were kidding . Pistol-whipping is not normally wise because it puts your gun within snatching range of the bad guy, can be considered deadly force if you hit him in the head , and may not stop the assailant anyway .

Even if you are serious about using force to " get a message across ", think of what could happen to someone who reads your comment and takes it as sound tactical advice .

The law allows only the minimum force necessary to defend yourself or others . Deadly force is only allowed by law if you reasonably percieve an imminent threat to life or limb .

The advantage of pepper spray, a club, a Taser, a Kubotan or a Mag-lite is that it can be used with less caution than a gun because it is unlikely to be deadly force . ( If you pull a gun to pistol whip someone, it might be assumed you intended to shoot him . )