Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Lazy Prepper

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2012, 02:25 AM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3763 Times on 1803 Posts
Likes Given: 664

Agreed, in a true SHTF scenario, I'm booby trapping my property, woods, and certain areas of my home. Punji pits and all. Especially if it's dark out, I'll just light up the night sky at every noise I hear. I'm not taking any chances.

Old 03-28-2012, 02:56 AM   #62
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8052 Times on 4647 Posts
Likes Given: 10392

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
In the old west and maybe today, before you come up to the campfire you call out. Let people know you are there. Even today in the southern rural areas, when you pull in front of someones house you don't jump out and go right for the door. We wait in the car for a moment and make our way to the door. That way folks can get ready alittle for company. In a shtf, I'm sure even more measures would be worked out.
I beep the horn a couple of times. Holler out and let them know you are there, making yourself a clear target with your hands empty and in sight. it's just polite.

Old 03-28-2012, 08:56 AM   #63
bkt
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis View Post
How do you know they're not there because you won the Publisher's Clearing House Sweepstakes? Shooting first and asking questions later too!? If so, I'm very surprised.
If someone calls out for help or knocks on my door, I'll answer politely. If someone peeks in my windows or tries to get into my garage or pilfers my garden, I'll assume they're not friendlies.