Lazy Prepper - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Lazy Prepper

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2012, 12:54 AM   #41
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8140 Times on 4699 Posts
Likes Given: 10510

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger-6 View Post
Make all the kits you think you'll need, but when the SHTF you only need two items, a gun and bullets. Everything else can be acquired.
If that's your plan, why wait for SHTF?

Old 03-26-2012, 12:59 AM   #42
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Default Try Meat Substitute Instead of Your Neigbors!

Downsouth, the idea of taking what you want or even need by killing is not cute, funny, or tough, is deranged, and impractical to boot. Mosin, Josh and blah blah blah [Ranger] should be pariahs in this, and any real SHTF, community. Internet and real-world. They are the evil that confronts a disrupted civil society.

Cannibalism? WTF!? My biggest near-term fear is running out of Cherry tobacco and getting bored of eating beans, rice, or pasta with any number of a dozen different types of reconstituted meat and meat substitutes as well as avoiding freezing to death in Winter. While such pukes as they are probably at the Ninja Mall, preppers are seriously thinking about the health, happiness, and safety of themselves, family, and friends in various circumstances and trying to balance everything.

Try TVP: 15% off at Honeyville grain thru Tuesday afternoon with the code "bloom."

http://store.honeyvillegrain.com/flavoredtvpcombo.aspx

Buy ten CASES of this stuff, mix in proportions with equal number of single servings of assorted beans and olive oil and a person has exactly 365, 2,000-calorie, days of perfectly balanced (for carbs, protein and fats) meals with a multivitamin. Invest the $500/person per year NOW. Cannibals everywhere will be counting on you...

Last edited by HockaLouis; 03-26-2012 at 02:08 AM.

Old 03-26-2012, 01:24 AM   #43

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Trust me, I understand that. I myst have missed a post or two.

NEVER FORGET

Old 03-26-2012, 01:58 AM   #44
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 592 Times on 350 Posts
Likes Given: 3445

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis View Post
Downsouth, the idea of taking what you want or even need by killing is not cute, funny, or tough, is deranged, and impractical to boot. Mosin, Josh and blah blah blah should be pariahs in this, and any real SHTF, community. They are the evil that confronts a disrupted civil society.
While I agree with all this, in a TRUE SHTF scenario, there will be no real civil societies.

People like to think that EOTWAWKI movies and tv shows will be what it's like, but it won't be. Major cities will be gone. Small towns will probably be the only places that still have most of their population, but any form of leadership will be more of a dictatorship/martial law type.

Jericho showed us that this is "closer" to what it would be like. But, like all other shows and movies like it, there's that element of "hope", that never really seems to come.

Insert witty comment here......

Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere

Old 03-26-2012, 02:05 AM   #45

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Downsouth, NP. I don't suffer fools gladly -- it's a personal problem. From your signature I think you recognize there are other real manifestations of evil in the world beside just desperate anti-social dopes acting out.

Mason, I indicated a DISRUPTED civil society. The folks here who are taking what they want are the ones decent folk will need to defend themselves from and ultimately cull from the herd.

Last edited by HockaLouis; 03-26-2012 at 03:14 AM.

Old 03-26-2012, 02:35 AM   #46

Sooo, KNFXDA what have you decided to do?

Well, Hurricane Katrina was probably our most recent SHTF and our wonderful media had a field day showing everyone what will happen in a large, congested urban area full of ill prepared citizens. Of course, they barely covered what happened in Mississippi, even though she went south-to-north thru the state knocking out 98%+ of the states electric grid and pretty much blocking most thoroughfares hampering assistance. Then you have Bayou La Batre, Alabama that was pretty much wiped out like Waveland and Bay St. Louis, Mississippi. Most of the citizens impacted by her living on Nawlins "east coast" pretty much banded together and started looking out for each other. Everyone should go back and really exam what happened in all of the areas impacted by that storm to get small glimpse of what can happen and prepare accordingly. If you live in a large metropolitan area, my recommendation is to bugout and head for hills and to make sure that all of your immunizations are up-to-date.

Old 03-26-2012, 03:09 AM   #47

Liked 34 Times on 28 Posts

Sooo ya all think I'm just gona go on a shooting spree and take what I need. You shouldn't assume so much. The person that said I was a pos needs to go find a damp dark corner and fornicate them self. I was homeless for a few months back in 99. I had nothing other then the clothes on my back. A damn 22 and a hand full of rounds woulda made my life just alittle easier. You damn people shouldn't be so jumpy to judge what you dont ****in know.

Old 03-26-2012, 04:24 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh1158 View Post
Sooo ya all think I'm just gona go on a shooting spree and take what I need. You shouldn't assume so much. The person that said I was a pos needs to go find a damp dark corner and fornicate them self. I was homeless for a few months back in 99. I had nothing other then the clothes on my back. A damn 22 and a hand full of rounds woulda made my life just alittle easier. You damn people shouldn't be so jumpy to judge what you dont ****in know.
OK, so the SHTF for you back in '99, so to speak. You were homeless for a few months, yet you didn't have a gun and ammo but apparently did OK. I would submit that you have tested the flaw in your logic, at least half of it. I am speculating now but I would suspect that a homeless guy with a .22 and a handful of rounds might not be viewed favorably by LEO, and how would a gun have improved your situation?

I'm not trying to judge, I am trying to figure out what you claim. I do have some knowledge on the subject.

Old 03-26-2012, 06:23 AM   #49

Liked 34 Times on 28 Posts

Yeah I did fine but that woulda made life easier.
Cops arnt much of a thought when you live in the sticks. They only come when someone calls. Then you got at least a good 30 min if not 45

Last edited by Josh1158; 03-26-2012 at 06:25 AM.

Old 03-26-2012, 07:00 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh1158 View Post
Yeah I did fine but that woulda made life easier.
Cops arnt much of a thought when you live in the sticks. They only come when someone calls. Then you got at least a good 30 min if not 45
Heck, around here they probably wouldn't even respond at all. I have a friend who is "homeless" by choice, he has camps all over the hills around here and I help him out once in awhile. One time he pulled a chainsaw on a guy and then ran off. It was a couple of days before he turned himself in. The cops never even got close to him. I can't find the news story but here is the opposing view forum http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=124558