Last nights new Doomsday Preppers
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Last nights new Doomsday Preppers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2012, 02:26 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 50 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Last nights new Doomsday Preppers

I am embarrassed to call myself a prepper after last nights show. They've gone to new lows in finding these idiots. One family is preparing for complete devastation from F5 tornadoes but have all their preps in their house. And when the assessment happened, they were (especially the bitchy girl) beligerent and disrespectful. Then the mother made the statement that when they get their underground storage facility made (which they used dynamite to explode a crater, then two guys with shovels and 1 wheel barrow to empty it...friggin idiots, she said they might have to repopulate with just them and their kids! Please lady, get fixed, and have your kids fixed as well, there's already too much algae floating in the gene pool.

Then there's the older, retired couple who thinks, because Greenland is almost completely melted, that oceans will rise and you have to be way high up, and way inland to survive the floods. So they move to the middle of a friggin' desert. He thinks he'll be able to hunt rattlesnakes for his meat.

Oh my God it was so bad.

12FRETTER

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-05-2012, 02:46 PM   #2
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1989 Times on 1078 Posts
Likes Given: 592

We are too old for extensive doomsday preparation. I live in the desert but it is not for doomsday prep. Just need the dry climate. There is a lot more food in the desert than most people think. It just wont support large numbers. For doomsday I would pick a wetter area with more natural resources and ground for a garden. Near an ocean is not a bad place either. Lots of resources. There are some wackos out there and you may be right about algae in the gene pool. The ones with money are buying up old missal silos. There is a guy that has a business converting old missal silos into survival condos.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 11-05-2012, 02:50 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1974 Times on 1169 Posts
Likes Given: 942

I think it is all BS!!!
Who in their right mind is going to go on world wide TV and give EVERYONE all your secrets.
Stupid is as stupid does!!!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Last edited by JimRau; 11-06-2012 at 12:10 AM.

Old 11-05-2012, 02:54 PM   #4

Yeah, I saw that guy with the silos on last years series. We don't have a lot of money to prep, but at least we're trying to be smart about it. But last years show at least made a lightbulb go off once in a while to give you an idea of how to do something different, or to do something you never thought of doing in the first place. If last night is any indication of this years series, it won't be worth watching.

12FRETTER

Old 11-05-2012, 02:56 PM   #5

Liked 284 Times on 229 Posts
Likes Given: 1246

Sorry but the way i look at it "if its your time its your time" you can run an hide all you want but you wont live one instand longer..

Old 11-05-2012, 03:06 PM   #6
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7117 Times on 4284 Posts
Likes Given: 8640

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12fretter View Post
she said they might have to repopulate with just them and their kids! Please lady, get fixed, and have your kids fixed as well, there's already too much algae floating in the gene pool.
OH, geeze!!!!

Old 11-05-2012, 03:12 PM   #7

Liked 23 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 7

The show is produced for non-preppers and wanna-be preppers to have something to mock or emulate. They had an open casting call for this second season, if I remember right, and it brought all the loonies out of the woodwork. They picked the looniest of the loonies and followed them around with cameras.
As you said, only a moron puts their entire prepping plan and operation on national TV.

Last season was half-filled with morons as well. The chick who was going to hike her way out of Houston, but had never actually put ON her BOB? And her backup plan was to whore herself out to the best equipped survivors?
Or the dude who lived in NYC and was learning Krav Magah (sp?), but his apartment defenses consisted of a box of broken glass. Because when the world ends, everyone's shoes disappear. /eyeroll

Old 11-05-2012, 03:16 PM   #8
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7117 Times on 4284 Posts
Likes Given: 8640

Quote:
Originally Posted by therhino View Post
The chick who was going to hike her way out of Houston, but had never actually put ON her BOB? And her backup plan was to whore herself out to the best equipped survivors?
Or the dude who lived in NYC and was learning Krav Magah (sp?), but his apartment defenses consisted of a box of broken glass. Because when the world ends, everyone's shoes disappear. /eyeroll
Both idiots. I don't watch the show.

Old 11-05-2012, 03:35 PM   #9

Points are well taken, there were definitely idiots last year too. I watch for pointers and ideas I hadn't thought of. That chic in Houston.... Made me laugh out loud!

12FRETTER

Old 11-05-2012, 04:27 PM   #10

Liked 23 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12fretter View Post
Points are well taken, there were definitely idiots last year too. I watch for pointers and ideas I hadn't thought of. That chic in Houston.... Made me laugh out loud!
Same here. You just have to sort through the crap for the gems. I liked the idea last season of building "bury tubes" out of PVC plumbing parts for quick stashes of ammo and supplies outside your home.