Kids playing with guns... - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Kids playing with guns...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2008, 03:15 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Stomach, I wouldn't pay any attention to any newby poster w/ 2 posts under their belt. Fact is stupid kids pulling fake guns has and will continue to be a problem. Killings that occur merely serve to staighten out the dumbass status quo ala Darwin, that is to say only the smartest and strongest is supposed to survive& breed and these kids obviously don't seem to fall into that catagory.
I remember years ago getting hit-hard with a raw egg, I spent 15 or 20 minutes chasing the carload of people down and I was so pissed I thought I wanted to shoot the whole carload of them. When they did finally stop I found they were kids, out having a "good" time at my expense. I decided they were sorry enough by that time and told them what I thought about their prank. Never seen them again and that was enough for me.

Old 03-05-2008, 04:00 PM   #12
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2872 Times on 1496 Posts
Likes Given: 257

So, mbaha, was that tongue in cheek? I think not. It does not matter if it was real or not, loaded or not. If a person is in a legitamate fear for his/her life or the life of another, deadly force is justified. This has been held true at the Supreme Court several times.

If people are stupid enough to use toy or unloaded guns to "scare" others, They will end up dead eventually. Darwin Award? You bet!

If you wait to "return fire" you may be too dead to return anything.

I agree that it is fortunate that no one was harmed. These stupid kids will not stay that lucky for long. Then it is a "firearms tragedy" and will be played up in the media. When was the last time you saw a story in the mainstream press about firearms being used to prevent crime? It simply does not get reported even though it happens thousands (perhaps tens of thousands) of times each year in this Country.

Old 03-05-2008, 07:40 PM   #13
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbaha View Post
This why we need gun control, not because of the kids but because of YOU. You were ready to start firing away at some kids with a toy gun. ****ing nut job
Hear hear! Let's take away firearms from law-abiding citizens and let feral barbarian vermin kids roam the streets shooting (or threatening to shoot) people as they see fit. After all, we mustn't degrade their self-esteem.

mbaha: Here's a trivia quiz question for you. Are most crimes involving firearms committed by individuals who have legally acquired their firearms or by individuals -- usually teens and young adults who have a propensity to gravitate toward the gangsta mystique -- who have acquired firearms illegally?

Care to rethink your post?

Old 03-05-2008, 08:06 PM   #14

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Stomach9 - I have never been in that situation. I would like to think I would have drawn and fired as soon as that kid pointed his gun at me, but no one really knows how he or she will react in that situation.
The end result in your case is nobody got hurt this time.
I keep telling myself, If I ever have to pull my gun I better be prepared to pull the trigger.
If that was a loaded gun, you pulled your gun and then froze...your dead.

Last edited by Samhain; 03-05-2008 at 08:27 PM.

Old 03-05-2008, 08:24 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
Hear hear! Let's take away firearms from law-abiding citizens and let feral barbarian vermin kids roam the streets shooting (or threatening to shoot) people as they see fit. After all, we mustn't degrade their self-esteem.

mbaha: Here's a trivia quiz question for you. Are most crimes involving firearms committed by individuals who have legally acquired their firearms or by individuals -- usually teens and young adults who have a propensity to gravitate toward the gangsta mystique -- who have acquired firearms illegally?

Care to rethink your post?

Quiz How does gun related violence in the US compare the the UK?

Old 03-05-2008, 08:34 PM   #16

Default gang related...

..hey my friend have you ever heard of this,they was a warning posted
threw the internet,that a gang called the crypt turns out there lights
on the first car,and dont shoot,,turn off there lights on the second car
dont shoot,but the third car lights out,,gets the bullet..its a gang
tradition..and its not new i was in west-side of cleveland ohio in
1981 same rules applied..well its like this...dont go pulling no gun on me
......Sorry..i might go into flash-back mode..but the best good thing to
this story no lives were lost..

..I UPHOLD THE RIGHT TO KEEP AND BARE-ARMS..

Old 03-05-2008, 08:47 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Why compare the two? That is apple to oranges, if we are doing that why don't we compare the U.S. and Switzerland or Switzerland and the UK? Switzerland has the highest per capita gun ownership rate, higher than any other place on the planet, yet has a homicide rate of 1.2 per 100,000 (whereas the UK is at 1.4); also there has never been a
schoolyard massacre in Switzerland.

Lets take a look at the UK for a little bit:

These graphs (with cited reliable sources) are from gunfacts.info which has tons of great info and I highly suggest you and everyone else give it a look through. Gun control does not decrease violent crime, that is a fact not an opinion. If you can find ANY info suggesting otherwise lets see it.

Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed, and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by Man.
- Jack Handey

Old 03-05-2008, 11:31 PM   #18

Default ..wow...

..is a question? or opinion turning into a Arguement quick..like
i stated the story ended with NO lives taken why? Argue over gun control??
....BE HAPPY NO_BODY WAS HURT...

..I UPHOLD THE RIGHT TO KEEP AND BARE-ARMS..

Old 03-06-2008, 03:00 AM   #19

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I tell you what, after think this over, if I see some shady clown walking up to my car, I'm pulling my gun from the holster and will be ready for anything.

Old 03-06-2008, 09:35 AM   #20
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
BLS33 beat me to it, but now you have your answer. Incidentally, violent crime involving firearms is increasing in Canada and Australia, too, where gun control laws are also very strict.

The problem isn't the weaponry, but the high number of people inclined to use it against their neighbors; the social ill comes from the people, not the tools they use.